• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Does anyone here now anything about carved decoys? I live in the Havre De Grace area and it has a lot of famous carvers. I have a pair of mallards that I want to sell because I have no interest in them.

Anyone know what they may be worth? The maker is Patrick Vincetti. They were carved in 1992.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 261

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Pat is still here and making them he is also the county council pres. Not sure what they would be worth given the age. You could stop down their shop and ask. His wife is there most days.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    all I hunt over are hand carved corks - no idea on value but if done right, wood and cork floats much more realistically than plastic because of the weight. It is also more fragile and of course heavy to carry

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    They probably won’t be worth much until he dies. I think new they sell for around $125 each. -/+

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Pat is still here and making them he is also the county council pres. Not sure what they would be worth given the age. You could stop down their shop and ask. His wife is there most days.

That’s a good thought. I will pay them a visit.

Worst thread name ever. :D

I try to do good work.

They probably won’t be worth much until he dies. I think new they sell for around $125 each. -/+

Good thought. I know nothing about decoys.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'm not a wood decoy connoisseur but due to where I live there a lot of decoys that change hands and you see them frequently.
    I have seen hand carved decoys similar in nature to the ones above offered for anywhere between 65-125.00
    Sometimes even significantly more.
    The maker should have signed them in paint, not what appears to be sharpie.
    One good thing though is it sounds like the carvers still around, so that could be easily remedied.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    all I hunt over are hand carved corks - no idea on value but if done right, wood and cork floats much more realistically than plastic because of the weight. It is also more fragile and of course heavy to carry

I was hunting with a guy a few years ago and I knew he wasn’t feeling well so I said here let me carry those. He’s an old school guy and hunts with a Parker over carved decoys. I picked up the decoy bag and regretted the next 20 minutes lol.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I used to carve decoys... Both working and fancy. Unless you can find a collector, resale will be slow.

eBay is a good place to start looking at potential resale value. I just looked and there's a 1982 Vincenti going for $110.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Ok so from all of you guys and all of my looking around they are basically nice decoys that aren’t worth much.

I may just throw them up for sale as a best offer deal and see what happens. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom