ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    Though WalMart is a publicly traded company, about half its shares are owned by the Walton family, enough to control policy at the stores.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Call it what you want but if you buy a gun retail and complete a 4473, you’ve just ‘registered’ your gun with the US government, especially now since it’s online

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Early in 1985 Sam Walton was committed to "Buy American". This commitment was a big part of their growth. They had 750 stores, today there are over 11,000. Today there is almost nothing made in the US sold in a Walmart. Americans need to wake up and stop funding the Chinese take over of the world.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ...They had 750 stores, today there are over 11,000. ...

Hmmm, 500 gun counters out of 11,000 footprints?

I’m curious as to where those to-be-closed gun counters are located?

Probably in or surrounding urban areas consisting of, well, urban.

I smell, wait for it, racism!

PS - I can always hope these closures are because someone at WalMart expects widespread rioting and looting to resume if Trump were to pull off an upset and somehow remain in the WH for another 4 years (man, I wouldn’t ask for anything for Christmas ‘til 2024 if that happened!).

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Meh. Never bought guns or ammo from them anyway, for a variety of reasons.
    1. Salesperson not around, or helpful.
    2. Most of guns in stock, not my interest. Mossberg, Savage, Marlin.
    3. Corp. policy of not selling to out of state citizens.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I would occasional buy ammo from Walmart, back in the days when they still had full shelves. Don't think I've ever bought a gun from them. What I see as the real downside of this is the continued "de-normalization" of firearms in our suburban and peri-urban society. If soccer moms and metro-man-buns don't see them in a normalized setting... they don't think about them as normal. If they don't think about them as part of our normal American way of life, then they are far more likely to see them as "tools of evil". When every Kmart, Walmart, Sears, Wards, and JC Penny carried them, it was just apart of life... now, not so much.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    500 sounds like a lot, I thought a lot of them had already done this. How many will be left??

I know someone got a mini-14 at a walmart, don't think they've carried that for at least a several years.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Depends on what state one lives in...buddies of mine in the midwest and down south regularly sent me pictures of ARs and handguns for sale at Walmarts. Not here in Maryland.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Meh. Never bought guns or ammo from them anyway, for a variety of reasons.
    1. Salesperson not around, or helpful.
    2. Most of guns in stock, not my interest. Mossberg, Savage, Marlin.
    3. Corp. policy of not selling to out of state citizens.

That stinks, when was this policy implemented? Back around 1992-1996 or so, I bought two Remington 12 gauge shotguns and a Remington 22LR rifle from the WalMart in Hanover, PA while I lived in Westminster, MD. They were on clearance at the end of hunting season and were crazy cheap. I hope this isn’t true, I’d like to still have the option of stumbling across a good deal on a firearm if I was out of town at a WalMart.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What I want to know is what stores? If walmart gunna walmart I need to know where I can buy clearance guns/ammo/acessories.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Speaking pragmatically: they are the only place I’ve been finding reasonably priced Ammo for clay shooting locally. Usually they have a good bit in stock, until last week. Both 12 and 20g. The 100 round packs. 19.98-22.98, depending on the brand. Last week was the first time I saw them low/empty.

Bass pro is distant, and usually almost $2/box more extra per ( $7-8vs $5) and little to no stock for months.

And sportsmans, being bought out by bass pro, has had zero target loads recently. Zero pretty much every ammo, like everywhere in rona times.

Smaller stores are over $8/box if they carry.

Online has not had any for shipping recently, since the Rona set in.

The county range, has a fair supply, but also priced at $7/box or more. Fiocci exclusively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom