• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    eForm noobie question - when the approval arrives by email, is that all there is? Do I download it and make copies as needed from that eMail or is a "hard copy" with the signed stamp also sent via snail mail?

Its odd but you need to check your approved email from a desk top and not your phone to see the attached stamp. I dont know why they wont show up on a mobile device, but they dont.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Three SS Forms:
    Form 4 (Single Shot): Mailed on 2/11/2021, Tax Stamp Cashed on 3/2/2021
    Form 4 (Single Shot): Mailed on 2/11/2021, Tax Stamp Cashed on 3/2/2021
    Form 4 (Single Shot): Mailed on 2/12/2021, Tax Stamp Cashed on 3/3/2021

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Eform 1 - sent 10/2/20, approved 3/18/21
    Eform 1 - sent 11/5/20, approved 3/18/21

Wtf?

damn, waiting on a form 4 from 11-5, getting excites, some people are getting their F4s back from that time period now, but that long on a 1?, was it e-filed or mailed in?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    damn, waiting on a form 4 from 11-5, getting excites, some people are getting their F4s back from that time period now, but that long on a 1?, was it e-filed or mailed in?
    Eform 1 - electronically filed.

Got delay in the background check with NICS. 4+ month backlog on NFA background check delay response.

I'm normally 30 days or less on a Eform 1.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    What is the best/easiest way to buy a suppressor these days? I bought two on a trust before the law changed but was curious if that is still the way to go. TIA

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    E-File Form 1 Suppressor 20 days from fingerprint receipt, 28 days all-in.

Submitted: 2/20/21
    Fingerprints (DIY Kit): 2/28/21
    Approved: 3/20/21

qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    07/01/2016: Purchased
    07/05/2016: Form 3 sent to ATF
    08/22/2016: Form 3 approved
    08/23/2016: Shipped to MD dealer

<Forms presumed lost>

07/10/2020: Form 4 Trust to ATF via Silencer Shop
    07/22/2020: ATF cashes checks
    02/25/2021: ATF approves
    03/20/2021: Tax stamps received

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am curious on times. Silencer shop seems to say ATF is still running in the 300 day range for Form 4s with a trust, but more like 180ish for an individual form 4. I was really hoping the 6 month or so time as that would get me my goodies next month.

If it is 300 days (I went form 4 one shot trust, not sure if those are faster compared to a traditional trust or not) that means probably June. I only really NEED it before deer hunting season this coming fall. But it would be nice to have it and be able to shoot with it a lot before it starts getting really hot out and just less fun to be hitting the range. Especially since probably still having to be masked up shooting at my range this summer.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    eForm 1 (Trust) Submitted: 11/13/2020

Every time I "Ask the Expert", I get a response that:

"You are in Delay status - The NICS Section has experienced unprecedented high volumes of incoming transactions requiring the escalation and reallocation of NICS employ​ees as we strive for the timely resolution of incoming NICS transactions. As a result, backlogs in other areas of processing have occurred. One of those areas is the processing of the National Firearm Act (NFA) background checks."

This thread is contributing to my high blood pressure as I see people getting approvals in weeks while I sit at 3-1/2 months.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I am curious on times. Silencer shop seems to say ATF is still running in the 300 day range for Form 4s with a trust, but more like 180ish for an individual form 4. I was really hoping the 6 month or so time as that would get me my goodies next month.

If it is 300 days (I went form 4 one shot trust, not sure if those are faster compared to a traditional trust or not) that means probably June. I only really NEED it before deer hunting season this coming fall. But it would be nice to have it and be able to shoot with it a lot before it starts getting really hot out and just less fun to be hitting the range. Especially since probably still having to be masked up shooting at my range this summer.

Their guide is out of date. NFA tracker's raw data is good and useful, their chart on the 1st page is out of date(still has F4 e-file data). The best I have found is the reddit sticky NFA wait time thread, updated several times daily by forum users. Waiting on an Oculus from 11-4-20 myself, so keeping a close eye on it. Seems that about 3/4 are between 130-160 days, a few are quicker (active duty getting deployed are expedited), but most of the rest are longer due to a paperwork issue, or unknown reasons, many are over 200 days. I usually call about 4 months after my check was cashed to verify pending date and that it is pending, then every month or so after just to make sure my FFL didn't forget to call, or couldn't reach me.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    eForm 1 (Trust) Submitted: 11/13/2020

Every time I "Ask the Expert", I get a response that:

"You are in Delay status - The NICS Section has experienced unprecedented high volumes of incoming transactions requiring the escalation and reallocation of NICS employ​ees as we strive for the timely resolution of incoming NICS transactions. As a result, backlogs in other areas of processing have occurred. One of those areas is the processing of the National Firearm Act (NFA) background checks."

This thread is contributing to my high blood pressure as I see people getting approvals in weeks while I sit at 3-1/2 months.
    I was delayed and it took 5 months, 16 days for me to get the approval email. Your investigator must have been that b!tch Carol fvcking Ripley. She takes a distinct pleasure in denying or delaying every application she can. She was the one that delayed me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom