• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    “Dear (Rambling_one) -

“Enough is enough. Far too many violent criminals in our state are not being held accountable for their crimes and innocent victims are paying the price for this failure. It's time to take back our streets and make our communities safer.

“Tonight, the Senate will be voting on The Violent Firearms Offender Act of 2021 - a crucial common sense proposal that ensures violent offenders who use guns in their crimes receive tougher sentences.

“I need you to act RIGHT NOW to help save lives. Tell your Senator to put an end to the violence by passing this bill immediately.

“We are in an urgent crisis that demands quick action. Lives are counting on this legislation. This is a full hands-on deck moment for us to get violent criminals off our streets and behind bars where they belong.

“Send your Senator a message right now.

“Thank you for your help. Together, we will protect our families and make our communities safer. Let’s keep Changing Maryland for the Better.”

Hogan blew his chance to enhance our safety by failing to have his MSP Superintendent declare self defense as a good and substantial reason for a handgun permit!!!

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Lessee...you got "common sense" and "urgent crisis" so all I need is "for the children" to complete my bingo card. Did Biden write this? Anything our girthy governor is for I'm pretty sure I'm against. He can chase all those violent criminals down himself.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    The crimes (robbery, assault, murder, etc.) are already crimes, each carrying jail sentences. Why do we need enhanced laws, sentencing, etc.? This is typical B.S. posturing from politicians. Just enforce the laws that we have, sentence violent criminals to jail, and keep them for the term of their sentence.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    He can blow Corn Pop for all i care , he and others in the MGA have continued to go after the men and women like us here at MDS and have been tone deaf on all the real issues .

Maryland sucks and our local government lies .

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    But, but... the politicians want us to know they are really serious this time by making these serious crimes even more illegaler. Of course, with DA's like Mosby, any charges will ultimately be dropped, except in cases where those sinister law abiding gun owners are caught with dangerous looking weapons of mass destruction or if the hues of the "criminals" are of the paler shade.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    This is in conjunction with all the extra resources that Baltimore City will have now that low level crimes are not being addressed. This is all coordinated at a high level to improve all of our lives.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Far too few lives are being lost.

The City Fathers are doing what they can to prevent the infringement of their voters' rights; who does this fat white racist think he is, anyway?

The Democratic Party is doing its best to promote its traditional eugenic policies, and program the populace and the legislature to encourage self-limiting mechanisms to remove ofenders. They're even defending the police by decriminalising so many offenses; the fewer criminals you have to arrest, the more likely that you'll remain safe and secure.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    What about criminals who commit fraud, like buy defective Wuhan test kits! Then hiding them! The buying more from Korea!

Or An AG who takes bribes from Bloomberg!

Or, well forget it, it doesn't matter because they are politicians!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    But mum is the word on the "police reform" package.

How do you think crime will go when the police don't want to get out of their cars? Their pension being held hostage if a politically charged States Attorney finds their actions wrong?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    To quote Admiral Akbar: "It's a trap!"

I feel certain that if you look closely, there will be infringement legislation wrapped up along with "going after criminals."

As for "Why don't we just enforce existing laws?" We already asserted that the sentence for stealing a firearm is only 6 months. That's weak sauce and is no deterrent.
    Let's at least give existing laws some real teeth.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well, lets see if the Baltimore courts have more time to prosecute gun crimes now that they are not prosecuting Prostitution and Drug crimes.
    Or does that just mean they have more time to fly to Europe and Vegas to receive "training"

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i really don't mind tougher laws, but do we really have weak laws (and/or enforcement and sentencing) on murder, rape and armed robbery, and if so, why?

it's kinda like hate crimes, whether i get KO'd from a gun, a brick or someone's fists, and that person is of my same or a different gender, race or ethnicity, they damn well should be actually serving a VERY long sentence.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    i really don't mind tougher laws, but do we really have weak laws (and/or enforcement and sentencing) on murder, rape and armed robbery, and if so, why?

it's kinda like hate crimes, whether i get KO'd from a gun, a brick or someone's fists, and that person is of my same or a different gender, race or ethnicity, they damn well should be actually serving a VERY long sentence.

What we have isn't weak laws, but rather weak politicians and judges. And in addition to being weak, they're also absolute masters at manipulation, and of individually and collectively deflecting attention away from their own pitiful performances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom