• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Hi All,

There's a slim possibility for a job opportunity in Western MD. Can you all comment on the seasonal weather? I'm not opposed to the cold in the least. Just trying to figure what I might be in for. Thanks.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Hi All,

There's a slim possibility for a job opportunity in Western MD. Can you all comment on the seasonal weather? I'm not opposed to the cold in the least. Just trying to figure what I might be in for. Thanks.

'western MD' can be anything from Hagerstown to Garrett. The big change in weather is Great Savage Mtn, the border to Garrett. Quite a bit cooler and more snow than anything this side of the hill.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Frostburg lives up to its name.

As traveller said, anything west of Great Savage Mountain is going to be far colder and snowier in the winter than anything east of it. There's a reason the state's only ski resort is located in Garrett County.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I had a house at Deep Creek for over 20 years. Winter is like 6+ months of the year. They averaged 10 ft of snow a year. Late spring, summer, and early fall, the weather is beautiful. I would never consider living in Garrett County. JMO

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Like others said Garrett has a much different winter than the other counties east of it. Allegany is nice but does get hot and buggy in summer time. Not crazy snow but winter temps will usually stay low enough so that any snow on the ground sticks around for a while. I've spent a lot of time around Greenridge area between Sideling Hill and Rocky Gap and it is a nice area. IMO. My son and I saw a big black bear near my cabin out there early last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom