• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    How dare you bring logic to a gun fight! :sarcasm:

Guns bad!

Soon to be followed by a food tax against obesity, a gas tax against DWI, a booze tax against alcoholism, a marriage tax against spousal abuse, a lube tax against HIV, a medicine tax against oxy, an air tax against asthma, a poll tax against crappy legislation, an education tax against people thinking the wrong things, an array of utility surcharges covering electrocution, drowning and houses blowing up...
    and, yet, none of the above involve constitutionally-protected liberties. Except for the part about thinking wrong things. Which I may or may not do.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Elected officials that pass/propose/vote for this unconstitutional BS need to be held responsible in some way - financially, criminally or in some other way.

When an elected official doesn't understand or doesn't recognize our country constitution, there should be a remedy for that. It has gone on too long.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The reps that vote for this garbage should serve the warrants, the problem would solve itself.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Soon to be followed by a food tax against obesity, a gas tax against DWI, a booze tax against alcoholism, a marriage tax against spousal abuse, a lube tax against HIV, a medicine tax against oxy, an air tax against asthma, a poll tax against crappy legislation, an education tax against people thinking the wrong things, an array of utility surcharges covering electrocution, drowning and houses blowing up...
    and, yet, none of the above involve constitutionally-protected liberties. Except for the part about thinking wrong things. Which I may or may not do.

I hate to admit it, but most of those already exist, at least as a framework.
    The sin taxes on alcohol being the largest mark-up.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    When an elected official doesn't understand or doesn't recognize our country constitution, there should be a remedy for that. It has gone on too long.

There is a remedy but apparently we are too pussified to take that step. The past 7+ months are proof of that.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    exactly

In other news, San Jose has announced that any resident who wants to speak in public, whether at a public forum, online, or by dissemination by any other means, must pay an annual speech tax and carry speech insurance...

No, not really. Yet.

exactly, and take a class, get fingerprinted, wait seven days prior.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

or does understand and does recognize but doesn't care... pretty sure they know what they're doing, but do so with absolute impunity as there are zero repercussions to them personally.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    This is a facial (factual) attack on an enumerated right.

love your optimism and hope you're right...

but how is >10 round mags, shall issue permits, "normal" AR's and everything else that Maryland f_cks you with going for you...

that's the prob, these f_cktards put obviously unconstitutional crap in place that takes much time and much money to overturn and if and when overturned, zero personal repercussions to them.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    [YT]WYNI57h_Chw[/YT]

It's so unconstitutional they have provisions in the statue to pool all the funds collected to prepare for lawsuits.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    love your optimism and hope you're right...

but how is >10 round mags, shall issue permits, "normal" AR's and everything else that Maryland f_cks you with going for you...

that's the prob, these f_cktards put obviously unconstitutional crap in place that takes much time and much money to overturn and if and when overturned, zero personal repercussions to them.

We both know the answer to that. I hope the courts make the proper decisions. I'll continue to prepare for the worst.

Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    New Firearm-Related Taxes

You are already being taxed...

The federal government already imposes about $750 million in excise taxes on the import and retail sale of guns and ammunition. Handguns are taxed at 10 percent, and other guns and ammunition are taxed at 11 percent.

Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act, popularly known as the Pittman–Robertson Act (1937) provides funding for the selection, restoration, and improvement of wildlife habitat and for wildlife management research. The act was amended in 1970 to include funding for hunter education programs and for the development and operation of public target ranges. Funds for the act come from an 11% federal excise tax on sporting arms, ammunition, and archery equipment, as well as a 10% tax on handguns. One-half of the excise tax on handguns and archery equipment is used for hunter education and target ranges. These funds are collected from the manufacturers and are distributed each year to the states and territorial areas by the Department of the Interior.

So taxes on firearms are not new. However, a tax on firearm ownership/possession is new. And I agree it probably won't fly in a court challenge. But that does not stop a legislature from enacting a law. At best it's posturing to their constituents that they made an effort. At worst it wastes taxpayer money defending an obvious unconstitutional law.

I believe that "chest-thumping" rhetoric and poorly veiled threats of violence do not accomplish anything more than validation-seeking, giving ammunition to anti-gun fanatics, and collaborating evidence to authorities should they wish to pursue lawbreakers. Did not the events of January 6 teach anyone anything? Do you not see how protestors quickly turn into a mob, how quickly those arrested turn on each other, how quickly those expounding protest abandoned their followers.

“Being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions.”

“Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.” John Locke

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've spent my share of time in San Jose while working at Ames Research Center... it used to be a beautiful city, but the homeless have taken over and it faces all of the same problems as LA and San Fran. Some of the most ridiculous property prices and taxes anywhere in the country... and now they are going full on tyrant with respect to 2A (because there aren't enough infringements at the state level). You couldn't pay me enough to live in that sh!tbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom