• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Im lost.

If it is truly pocket carry... And you have a pocket weapon. Why do you have a holster????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I can think of several reasons.

• Keep it oriented in the right direction so you don't have to fumble for it
    • Break up the outline that screams 'gun'
    • Cover the trigger

Have you carried a pistol in a pocket without a holster and walked around with it? Like anything else it will move. It doesn't do you much good to reach in at a critical moment and grab a barrel. If your pocket is tight enough to keep it firmly in position it's probably tight enough to make it difficult to draw easily.

Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021
    Yeah, apologies to Conway Twitty but IMHO you're not going to like pocket carry in tight-fittin' jeans, or most other usual pants pockets either.

I'm close to your size, just a bit thicker and most of the time IWB works best for me. Pocket carry works with jackets in the winter, and with cargo shorts (front or rear, not leg pocket) in the summer if you're not doing a lot of walking around. Family bbqs, that sort of thing. It bounces around too much in the leg pocket even if you're just standing around a lot. A loose t shirt hides most of the brick shape. The rest looks like a George Costanza wallet, if its noticed at all.

On long road trips I will sometimes keep a pocket holster in the console and switch from IWB to leg pocket of cargo pants while driving, and switch back before I get out.

My go to is a IWB kydex for everyday. Sport coat or untucked shirt works great with IWB but when I'm just wearing a tucked in shirt for the summer, I'm SOL. I need to be in business casual so a pocket holster would be great but it doesn't work. I'd even settle for an ankle holster but that's too noticeable. The CCW tee-shirts work reasonably but I sweat like a pig in those. After ten years, I'm still looking for a business casual, summer solution.

BTW, you need to explain the Conway Twitty thing. Don't know that one.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    My go to is a IWB kydex for everyday. Sport coat or untucked shirt works great with IWB but when I'm just wearing a tucked in shirt for the summer, I'm SOL. I need to be in business casual so a pocket holster would be great but it doesn't work. I'd even settle for an ankle holster but that's too noticeable. The CCW tee-shirts work reasonably but I sweat like a pig in those. After ten years, I'm still looking for a business casual, summer solution.

I could see that being a problem. I can't carry at work, so when I do I'm always able to wear whatever I choose and I'm always untucked. Maybe Blaster can give suggestions on carrying tucked in without a cover garment.

BTW, you need to explain the Conway Twitty thing. Don't know that one.

Lol. My dad is a huge country fan, and Conway Twitty was one of his favorites. Either he or Charlie Pride were almost always playing in the house.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I need to be in business casual so a pocket holster would be great but it doesn't work. I'd even settle for an ankle holster but that's too noticeable. The CCW tee-shirts work reasonably but I sweat like a pig in those. After ten years, I'm still looking for a business casual, summer solution.

Untuckit.com dress shirts.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Anyone who carries, doesn't carry in a pant pocket.
    Why do that when that size pistol will easily and wonderfully disappear iwb?

The thought process bogs my mind.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV

I mostly agree, but there are times when wearing a football jersey down to my knees is just not practical and in those instances, a pocket pistol works very nicely. :innocent0

Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021

I mostly agree, but there are times when wearing a football jersey down to my knees is just not practical and in those instances, a pocket pistol works very nicely. :innocent0

In business attire for hot weather when no jacket is being worn, IWB doesn't work as it's not concealed. I go untucked on casual days but that's only once a week or a few times a month.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Pocket carry is NEVER practical. Only convenient.

I should have added "YMMV" to my post. What's not practical for one could very well be practical for another. I can access my pocket pistol just as quickly from my pocket holster as I can from my IWB. I own both and use both. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I should have added "YMMV" to my post. What's practical for one could very well be practical for another. I can access my pocket pistol just as quickly from my pocket holster as I can from my IWB. I own both and use both. Just sayin'...
    I would love to see that.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    100 dollar shirts that fit no one over a size medium.
    They are decent shirts but don't fit into real life lol

LOLLLL. Well, that’s certainly untrue. Unless of course someone is really overweight. Then they have .larger. problems.

They fit my 6’ frame when I was 240+lbs and big belly, and fit me now that I’m 180.

“Find you fit”.
    ‘Enter height and weight’,
    ‘where do you carry the most weight’,
    ‘which is closest to your belly shape’.

That’s the value of buying a custom shirt that fits and is the proper tool for the job.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    LOLLLL. Well, that’s certainly untrue. Unless of course someone is really overweight. Then they have .larger. problems.

They fit my 6’ frame when I was 240+lbs and big belly, and fit me now that I’m 180.

“Find you fit”.
    ‘Enter height and weight’,
    ‘where do you carry the most weight’,
    ‘which is closest to your belly shape’.

That’s the value of buying a custom shirt that fits and is the proper tool for the job.
    Didn't know they actually did custom.
    My issue is my wide shoulders, not my big belly
    I always caught Jos Bank on their yearly sale, buy large shirts to fit my shoulders, then spend 20 bucks getting my tailor to taper each one.
    I didn't have an office job, so my kind of work didn't justify $100 custom made shirts. Paul Fredrick use to be the go to back in the day.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I can't even get my cellphone out of my pants pocket when I'm seated.

Maybe carrying in a jacket/coat pocket outside when the weather makes it appropriate would be OK under certain circumstances; walking in Baltimore comes to mind. One on each side for balance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom