• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Marlin model 101 single shot with a pull ring cocker. It's circa 1960 and I found it at a pawn shop. New and old shooters enjoy it for it's history and simplicity. It's great with CCI quiet rounds. Perfect for dispatching destructive racoons.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I've have or have had a bunch... CZ varmint, Remington 581, Rem 541X, several marlins i forget the models, a Henry, a Savage, and a few others I can't recall at the moment, but my absolute favorite is my Winchester 69A. Nice and worn and has that vintage "look" and accurate as any of the others..

The only drawback is, its an early model and not grooved for a scope.. If i see another one around that grooved, i'm buyin it.

Toss a receiver sight on there and ditch the glass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• 20082291.jpg
      20082291.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 234

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My favorite 22 is the 15-22. Mainly because that's the one my daughter and I shoot together, so maybe it's the company. Also easiest to clean and accessorize,

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    PPS22 made under a dozen different makes over the years but simple, reliable, fun and really cool looking. I should really buy a spare before someone gets the bright idea to ban them.

Most fun would be my Razorback belt fed upper, very sensitive to ammo and how its loaded in the belts but a lot of fun when everything is right.

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    From my older collection it would be the Mossberg 640 kc Chuckster. From the newest the Savage b-22 heavy barrel. A tack driver with Federal Auto Match

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I've have or have had a bunch... CZ varmint, Remington 581, Rem 541X, several marlins i forget the models, a Henry, a Savage, and a few others I can't recall at the moment, but my absolute favorite is my Winchester 69A. Nice and worn and has that vintage "look" and accurate as any of the others..

The only drawback is, its an early model and not grooved for a scope.. If i see another one around that grooved, i'm buyin it.

378c231f7d92db4ee80e9eb5ba27648e.jpg

Like this?

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have a few but the Marlin 39A is the last one I would part with. 1962 vintage.

It’s funny that was my first gun I ever had and I’ve shot it at most 5 times and it still sits in my safe, never cared all that much for it. It’s a good gun to teach people on cause there is quite literally no recoil I can tell on it, but as far as plinking goes I would rather my 10/22.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It’s funny that was my first gun I ever had and I’ve shot it at most 5 times and it still sits in my safe, never cared all that much for it. It’s a good gun to teach people on cause there is quite literally no recoil I can tell on it, but as far as plinking goes I would rather my 10/22.

I'll gladly take it off your hands if you ever get a hankering to sell it.

Doc TH

Oct 3, 2008
    Rockville
    favorite 22

Like my 10-22s (carbine and target models), loved my Rem 513T - gifted to one of my sons - but probably the last one I'd part with is my Marlin 39AS.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I've got a 52C, heavy barrel. It is far and away the most accurate .22LR rifle I have ever owned.

I was lucky enough to get one of the 52C rifles from the CMP that were in the last batch received from the Army. The stock was rough, so I found a decent, but well worn used stock from Reese Surplus which I refinished with TruOil. I keep the barreled action in the restored stock for demonstration, but switch it over to the original for NRL22 competition. In that configuration, I don't mind it picking up another ding or two.

I haven't yet tried it in a direct comparison with my son's Anschutz 1407 UIT rifle. They are both far more accurate that this shooter. However, it would be a good test. To be reasonably fair, it would take a lot of time....trying out multiple variants of .22 ammo to find which ones each rifle shot best. Then actually conducting the shoot-off.

JoeR

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I've got a 52C, heavy barrel. It is far and away the most accurate .22LR rifle I have ever owned.

If you decide to get rid of it, let me know.

When I shot on the rifle team, I was averaging 98 out of 100 from prone on the collegiate target. Where the 10 "ring" was a dot in the center and the 9 ring was .22 in diameter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom