What's the worst thing you found in your food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Lets just say its not Pho 4Up.....and it's not Pho 6Up.

Not here to sink anyones ship. Shite happens and I hope they correct the issue.

I think I know the one.

Who puts up a restaurant that you have NO IDEA what kind of food is served, until you are passing it up to go to the cleaners or liquor store and see the pics on the side of the windows?

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    It looks like my experience's aren't that bad. Worst I've found is a burnt match in a steak and cheese sub and a fly in the last pour of a pitcher of coke at a long gone pizza place.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    A local chain of pizza and subs I got a chef salad. Got home and started to eat it. I look at a slice of tomato and a huge roach was on it. I about puked. Ii emailed the restaurant/ carry out and never got a reply. I even sent a pic to them. I have never went in there again

bob the fence

Mar 4, 2013
    things found in food

I found a cigarette butt in my won ton soup

Restaurant didn't care or want to do anything about it. Reported it to health dept next day.. They were shut down for 3 days

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Very nice Japanese Chinese restaurant, clean and everything were tasty. There was a veg dish cooked with a fermented bean paste. One of the bean was bigger than normal, and of course, it’s a cockroach. The best part was, it was only half.

PAInterloper

Apr 24, 2018
    I once had walking caraway seeds on my Turkey & Tongue sandwich at a NYC deli however...

...as a raw oyster aficionado, the first time I discovered a Pea Crab in a Blue Point I opened...

...and it started to move... :shocked4:

I about lost it and was leery of raw oysters for a short time.

After I did my homework and discovered many folks consider them a delicacy, I just liberate them and carry on shucking and eating.

TruthAloft

God, Family, Country -- In that order, always.
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2021
    Annapolis
    What the heck!??

My wife and I went to a local Green Turtle restaurant for dinner. I ordered beer battered fried chicken with sides. Some time later server came to our table with our ordered dinners and set them before us. The crispy fried chicken looked very savory, and without much other thought I cutoff a bite of the chicken, dipped it in some spicy sauce and popped it into my mouth. At first it tasted yummy, but then, as I chewed, my brain was telling me that something wasn't quite right with what I was chewing.

I discretely put the partially chewed bite into my napkin and began scrutinizing the food. As I poked through it, it appeared to me to be raw in the middle. I then cut into and looked at all of the pieces on my plate, and found that all of them were raw in the middle. Apparently, the cook didn't leave the chicken in the fryer or fry pan long enough.

That so turned my stomach that I lost my hunger for dinner--so, I just watched my wife eat her dinner, and spent the time visiting about other topics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom