$411 Used SP-101 38Spl 3” (*Police trade-ins*)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Attachments

• 3FFC65A7-ADD9-44B8-9C96-9FCDE0265E7A.jpeg
      3FFC65A7-ADD9-44B8-9C96-9FCDE0265E7A.jpeg
      4.3 KB · Views: 441

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    FWIW, the Sp-101 fits my hand really well. Mine is a .357 and therefore limited to 5 rounds but it's definitely a hand full of "don't you ****ing move" if it's pointed in your direction.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Ha! The wife carries one in 38Spl and, at 17oz, it’s a handful of spiderwebs after a couple of cylinders-full!

The one she alternates with in 22WMR she calls “Goldilocks” as it seems that cartridge is “just right” for a 17oz flyweight wheel gun….

The 22LR LCRx a member here sold me* is her favorite though, thats the gun she uses for range practice and she can shoot that all day long …

The 9mm packs a lot of wallop in 17oz as well but has turned out to be ho-hum with regard to clackety action and cylinder lockup, etc.

*Thanks again, mate - esp for your patience with the #&~§^€!!!! USPS “2-Day” delivery! :mad54:

Last edited:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    FWIW, the Sp-101 fits my hand really well. Mine is a .357 and therefore limited to 5 rounds but it's definitely a hand full of "don't you ****ing move" if it's pointed in your direction.

I have one in .357 with the 3in barrel. If the bullet doesn't stop the assailant, he will be incinerated by the ball of fire that follows it.
    'kills on one end, maims on the other'

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    In .38spl no less. That seems like a real oddball gun to issue, even as an off-duty backup to a larger duty gun.

I’ve got an old one in .38sp from the first year of production in 1988. A little too heavy and bulky with only 5rds for carry compared to the wonder 9’s of today though. Reliable as can be though.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I’ve got an old one in .38sp from the first year of production in 1988. A little too heavy and bulky with only 5rds for carry compared to the wonder 9’s of today though. Reliable as can be though.
    I have a first year also and it's a great shooter.

I believe the picture in the OP is the shorter 2.25" barrel, the 3" has a nice balance.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Funny you mention that; she announced last night she’s switching back to her Glock 43 for winter carry; and, I should add she often carries her LCR 38 w snake shot when walking w the pooch (she calls them “OC for aggressive canine”) :lol2:

I carry a G26, G43x, or P365 all with more than double the rounds with greater flexibility. At some point my .38 SP101 may go on the selling block too in favor of a .357 snubbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom