• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    My dad got this 8 pt last evening just before dark. Weighed 205 lbs on the hoof. Biggest deer he's ever shot.
    Nice looking buck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Have gun, will travel...
    kATTU3b.jpeg

Have gun, muzzleloader, pointy sticks, kind words whatever works! will travel if it’s an invite! :-)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Bumped a big deer this morning. If had sat tight another hour another hunter probably would have bumped it right up the hill in to me. Oh well.

In a tree now waiting for anything. Helped a nice guy pull his 4-pt out and he gave me some tips on where he and his family have seen tons of deer moving through the park. He saw three does, a spike and the 4 near the tree I am in this morning.

It’s part of the park I haven’t really scouted or hunted much. So fingers crossed.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Story of my life. Good luck.

At least I sat till 10 before I gave up and started moving around. Bumped it, tried to circle around and cut it off where I thought it had stopped. 10 minutes later I got there. No deer. Near where I’d been sitting in the morning and looked down the hill to see a hunter who had just walked up the path the opposite direction I had been on it 10 minutes ago.

*sigh*

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    It's almost too warm to be sitting out here this evening. Last night 2 small rack bucks were out here about 6:30. So far it's just birds and a groundhog.

Attachments

• 20211021_163008.jpg
      20211021_163008.jpg
      167 KB · Views: 181

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Good luck guys. Unfortunately have to be sitting in a class 9am to 6pm today and tomorrow for a class to update one of my professional designations.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Ain't shit today. Checked my cameras and the last deer during shooting time was Tuesday 6:12pm. Tiny fawn. What i like to call a micro fawn.

Had to come up with that after it seemed like our club was competing to shoot the smallest deer. We needed something for a very little fawn

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Ain't shit today. Checked my cameras and the last deer during shooting time was Tuesday 6:12pm. Tiny fawn. What i like to call a micro fawn.

Had to come up with that after it seemed like our club was competing to shoot the smallest deer. We needed something for a very little fawn

The flavor crystals add that extra pop.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nada. The teens zipping up and down the power lines on ATVs 60yds away 40 minutes before sunset probably didn’t help.

I might head back in the morning, but rocking a really bad headache tonight and went to sleep way too late last night (like 12:30am and woke up at 5). Since I am not pressed for venison. Dunno. I might finally take my 9yr old daughter to the range for the first time instead when it is pretty empty/completely empty. With the pandemic and tons of life stuff just haven’t managed it yet (taught the boys to shoot when they were both 8).

Seems more important than then hunting public land right now with the freezer already full. Might try Veterans Day weekend on my property down near my creek for an all day sit in a tree to see if a big boy comes along.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I also realized a short while ago why I started getting a migraine at around 4pm that got steadily ferocious. Caffeine withdrawal. I had like a quarter cup of coffee this morning and nothing till half an hour ago.

I’ve got a 3 cup a day habit…

Dunno if I am going in the morning. Not enough sleep and feeling too shitty to sleep. Hopefully I’ll remember not to make that mistake again (pack a thermos of coffee or wane myself back some more!)

*edit* it auto correct caffeine withdrawal to vaccine withdrawal. So I fixed it. I don’t even want to know what that is!

Last edited:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Hunted on our lease today, first day of muzzleloader and I’m the only one there.:sad20: Anyway, between morning and afternoon sits, I saw 21 deer, seven were bucks. Killed a run of the mill 8 right at dark. He was chasing some does in and out of the field (corn still standing:mad54:), grunting like a pig. Only had a few quick glimpses at him on the move, and had a quick moment to decide on a shot. He went about 40 yards and piled up. 898B0194-399A-490B-A957-F2867EBBFE4E.jpg

Last edited:

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    Nice deer by my standards

Came up to Green Ridge State Forest this afternoon.
    After setting up the camper when out deer hunting.
    He’s in the truck bed iced down now. Need to take him somewhere near for processing tomorrow morning. Anyone have a recommendation?
    The people at Belle Grove said B&B Butchering
    Has anybody used them before?
    We are staying hear until Sunday.

Attachments

• 758E22A9-63EE-4643-AD52-D8D6839ABAA9.jpg
      758E22A9-63EE-4643-AD52-D8D6839ABAA9.jpg
      102.3 KB · Views: 226

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Put in 8 hours of tree time yesterday. Only saw one fuzzy little fawn. Nothing on cams. I'm sure they were around they just didn't want to play squid game on my property.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Put in 8 hours of tree time yesterday. Only saw one fuzzy little fawn. Nothing on cams. I'm sure they were around they just didn't want to play squid game on my property.

Lol. I'm only a couple episodes in, but so true. Except there's no won at the end of deer season.

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    Came up to Green Ridge State Forest this afternoon.
    After setting up the camper when out deer hunting.
    He’s in the truck bed iced down now. Need to take him somewhere near for processing tomorrow morning. Anyone have a recommendation?
    The people at Belle Grove said B&B Butchering
    Has anybody used them before?
    We are staying hear until Sunday.

Yonkers in Hancock or my all time favorite starlipers in McConnellsburg. Best deer dogs ever.
    Might be a little far from you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom