• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I've got one I got through the Ruger instructor discount program at a very, very reasonable price. I shot it yesterday, as a matter of fact, and as others have said, it is a lot of fun to shoot.
    For the moment, I've got a Holosun 510C red dot on it because it was sitting in the safe unused from a previously sold gun. It's zeroed at 50 yards and groups well, even with the takedown feature.
    It's also nice that it has a threaded barrel. I shot several rounds through a suppressor and it handled that very well too. All in all, a very nice firearm.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I'm going to disagree here with a few others that have recommended putting the sight as far back on the rail (closer to your eye) as possible.

While this increases field of view through the dot, it reduces your peripheral view. When shooting properly with both eyes open, your "field of view" is essentially the periphery plus the dot in the tube. You want that thing farther forward on the rail.

This is generally true with all optics that have an unlimited eye relief.

Because of the orientation/angle of the stock, I'd opt for the low mount height option.

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Finally got to the range today with the new Ruger PCC. it didn't disappoint! Dialed in the Romeo 5 in 2 adjustments and it was a tack driver from there on out! The genuine Glock 33 rd magazines ran flawlessly but I couldn't say the same for the amend2 magazine. A lot of failure to feeds and I took it out and threw it in the range bag. I certainly learned my lesson with that! Very happy with the gun!

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Target

Attachments

• 34884BA8-A3E4-458F-9DA7-95F29CB77BAE.jpg
      34884BA8-A3E4-458F-9DA7-95F29CB77BAE.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 161

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Changed the optic

Went to a Vortex Spitfire 3x after fighting with the Romeo 5 which lost zero and I constantly had to chase it. Bought the Vortex on a Black Friday deal at Basspro for almost 50% off and that optic has been absolutely perfect! Going to try a Holosun 510c on my new PC Charger pistol though since I fell in love with the 507K on my P365XL!

Attachments

• FCA6566B-F7CD-4FA1-9EE2-19D4D9C7926A.jpeg
      FCA6566B-F7CD-4FA1-9EE2-19D4D9C7926A.jpeg
      64.4 KB · Views: 89

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm going to disagree here with a few others that have recommended putting the sight as far back on the rail (closer to your eye) as possible.

While this increases field of view through the dot, it reduces your peripheral view. When shooting properly with both eyes open, your "field of view" is essentially the periphery plus the dot in the tube. You want that thing farther forward on the rail.

This is generally true with all optics that have an unlimited eye relief.

Because of the orientation/angle of the stock, I'd opt for the low mount height option.

Yep, I place them as far forward on the receiver as possible. Then with both eyes open you can see the dot but the sight almost disappears and you can see much better. The size of the dot doesnt change by moving it farther or closer away.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Funny you mentioned this! I'm actually researching that right now. Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

Years ago, another member (either smokey or alucard) introduced me to Blue Force Gear slings. I've been so pleased with them that I've used them exclusively since then. They're not cheap but they're American made and they run a lot of sales/ coupons if you sign up for their emails.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I like mine. A little hefty for what it is, but accurate and cheap to feed.
    I set the Romeo as far forward as possible. The rifle is reliable with Glock and Korean 33 round sticks. 2 of the K sticks are a little wide and rub the well a little. I've had 3 or 4 chokes on aluminum cased stuff.

davidg

Mar 19, 2019
    Had my first range session with my ruger pcc chassis edition. What a blast, put the holosun 507 on it. The weight isn't balanced very well, front heavy. Looking at a ulw carbon fiber handguard at tac com.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Any recommendation from others on target acquisition helpers that don't need a battery for this PCC? Fiber optic maybe? If I'm going to have a backpack gun, I just prefer a setup that only needs ammo and nothing else.

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Went to a Vortex Spitfire 3x after fighting with the Romeo 5 which lost zero and I constantly had to chase it. Bought the Vortex on a Black Friday deal at Basspro for almost 50% off and that optic has been absolutely perfect! Going to try a Holosun 510c on my new PC Charger pistol though since I fell in love with the 507K on my P365XL!

I had similar problem last time out, Turns out the barrel tensioning nut/ring needed adjusting. You might want to check it if you haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom