• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yes, I have the Articles of Organization, EIN & the Maryland Dept of Assessments and Taxation. Told the investigator I had all of that and it was uploaded but insisted I needed something that specifically says that I’m an “owner”. She stated that the Articles of Org stated I was an Authorized person not owner

Well you might need to amend your articles, then, if whoever put them together didn't make it clear enough it's your business.

Amontgo9419

Feb 20, 2021
    Well you might need to amend your articles, then, if whoever put them together didn't make it clear enough it's your business.

Okay thank you. She also said quote “I’m not telling you to do this but if you want to, fill out an operating agreement that will suffice for stating you’re an owner” But, I never heard of anyone having to do that so I figured I ask

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Question on references. Do they have to be current Maryland residents? Most of my long time friends have since moved out of state.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Okay thank you. She also said quote “I’m not telling you to do this but if you want to, fill out an operating agreement that will suffice for stating you’re an owner” But, I never heard of anyone having to do that so I figured I ask

IS it sufficient to be owner or sole mbr but without any banking records? Just looking at which direction to apply, through main job or side gig

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    IS it sufficient to be owner or sole mbr but without any banking records? Just looking at which direction to apply, through main job or side gig

Probably not- a legal business without a bank account is going to be an uphill climb. Would suggest setting up a business account, very easy and helps to insulate the LLC from your personal assets.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    #1 - References do Not need to be Md Resident . But it Is to your advantage that they are readily reachable anytime from day of submitting to 90 plus days out .

#2 - If a Business related G&S , they really , really expect to see at absolute minimum a letter from the bank stating any active business account .

Never say never , and there could hypothetically be an Actual Business , Actually Doing Business , without involving recieving payments , or making expenditures . I can't think of how offhand , but maybe ? But MSP will be very skeptical , and will then have very hard look at your operations , looking to find reason to deny .

Tootallslim

Aug 17, 2021
    What types of business have you opened to obtain a permit? And how long does said business need to be up and running? I’m thinking of starting a simple home based t shirt business and sell to local gun shops and shows. Just some 2A type hats and shirts. Thanks.

Amontgo9419

Feb 20, 2021
    9/21 Submitted
    9/22 Accepted
    9/24 Assigned to investigator
    (References contacted)
    9/30 Assigned to investigator
    10/12 Assigned to investigator
    (Phone interview)
    11/08 Approved

Waiting on USPS

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually @ Too Tall Slim , a small T Shirt & related biz IS a worthwhile operation from a pure business viewpoint if you are flexible in having topical products, with reasonable overhead .

The only hard rule is the Business needs to be up & running , not a prospective bussiness .( Companies in the primary business of providing Armed Security services have their own licensing process .)

When the respective Investigators do request additional banking information , it's often in the context of " within previous 90 days " FWIW , but establishing that something is a Legitimate Business , Actually Doing Business , it is case by case .

small shot

Aug 20, 2020
    10/01 Submitted
    10/02 Accepted
    10/08 Assigned to investigator
    10/08 Assigned to new investigator
    10/09 Assigned to another new investigator
    11/01 Phone interview
    11/02 References contacted (2 out of 3)
    11/22 Approved
    11/29 Permit in hand - no restrictions filed under business owner

9mmkungfu

Dec 26, 2021
    For those that have received permits as business owners, did any of you have direct deposit only transactions for your deposit documentation? I saw plenty of mention about ATM cash/check deposit but admit I did not read all 300+ pages.

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    For those that have received permits as business owners, did any of you have direct deposit only transactions for your deposit documentation? I saw plenty of mention about ATM cash/check deposit but admit I did not read all 300+ pages.

My business is 99% electronic transfers from my PayPal account (they process all the online payments from the website) to my business checking account. No issues getting my unrestricted permit.

mmpbal

Apr 18, 2020
    Dundalk
    Church Security

What would be the chances of getting a permit if I am the head of my churches security team? A letter on church letter can be provided stating that I am the head of church security.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    What would be the chances of getting a permit if I am the head of my churches security team? A letter on church letter can be provided stating that I am the head of church security.

Probably possible-- but carry would very likely be restricted to your church property and worship times.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Would be as Private Organization Security Team Member . Not limited to their property per se , but would have to be related to functions of your organization ( church in your case) .

Quietman

Aug 28, 2021
    Pikesville
    10/29 App Submitted
    11/01 App Accepted
    11/05 Assigned to Investigator
    12/02 Phone Interview
    12/06 2 of 3 References Contacted
    12/22 Email of Final Disposition (Approved)
    12/27 Received Permit

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua

If all they'll give you is a permit restricted to use at the church, it's not worth the ******** as I don't think you need it. The church is private property and as long as the church leaders have authorized you to carry, I believe you can. I guess you wouldn't know, though, until you apply. I'd make sure to have the letter from the church note that you frequently take deposits of tithing to deposit at the bank for them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If all they'll give you is a permit restricted to use at the church, it's not worth the ******** as I don't think you need it. The church is private property and as long as the church leaders have authorized you to carry, I believe you can. I guess you wouldn't know, though, until you apply. I'd make sure to have the letter from the church note that you frequently take deposits of tithing to deposit at the bank for them.

Remember that if he IS granted a permit - even a tightly restricted one like that, rather than just permission to carry on the church property - the permit greatly reduced the odds of friction if he's on his way to the church with the weapon. Any little thing that provides even some fractional freedom insurance against an unexpected event (like a vehicle accident on the way to church resulting in the cops becoming aware of the gun) reduces the chances of a protracted legal fight, having the pistol confiscated, etc.

I loath the restrictions. But:

1) If the NYSRP cases nudges MD towards Shall Issue, it will be helpful to have already dealt with the training and have that restricted permit already in hand. People starting from scratch after a positive outcome on that front are going to be in long waits for classes and the like. People who just need a new, unrestricted permit mailed to replace their peasant-level permit, will be ahead of the game.

2) Even with the tyrannical restrictions in place, the more people who have permits in MD the better.

I know, it's an expensive PITA for minimal benefit. It's infuriating. But if you're an optimist, (1), above, is a practical consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom