• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Moon is scary because he appears to be genuinely competent. The legislation that he wrote banning binary triggers, bumpstocks, etc. while specifically leaving out normal semi-auto triggers was probably the sharpest piece of gun control legislation I've seen out of Annapolis in years. Maybe ever.

That's because he didn't write it, he just sponsored it.

The good news is, he doesn't seem to hate us as badly as Atterbeary et al, so it's entirely possible he'll be dormant on this issue for the most part.

He will also at least have a meeting with us and talk about an issue, Atterbeary, to my understanding, wouldn't even sit in the same room with any of the 2A groups.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wasn't Moon involved in the bumpstock/rapid-fire-trigger-activator crap? It definitely required a nutjob to marshal that mess through.

He sponsored it, I believe MPGV had their paid lobbyist actually write the bill since she was a former Chief of Staff for Delegate and knew the system. Od course, the bill writing room went over the initial offering to clean it up.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    F^ck moon. Lewis, Moon, and atterbeary were laughing, talking, and pointing at computer screens in the corner of the room while people were actively testifying to the committee. It was disrespectful AF. They got the ol smokey snap.

The most despicable GA display I've ever witnessed was connected to the Luby Restaurant massacre in Killeen, TX. MSI arranged to have Suzanna Gratia Hupp testify during a gun hearing in Annapolis. As she described her harrowing experience, members of the committee were seen laughing, and/or glued to their computer screens. What dispicable "representatives."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_shooting

https://kdhnews.com/news/local/30-y...cle_c65d54d0-2e04-11ec-b714-0faa822d1374.html

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    He sponsored it, I believe MPGV had their paid lobbyist actually write the bill since she was a former Chief of Staff for Delegate and knew the system. Of course, the bill writing room went over the initial offering to clean it up.

Yeah - it's a rare event for them to actually write a bill. The bills come from others wrapped in campaign contributions and other special favors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom