• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hudson1013

Nov 8, 2020
    Most sellers are putting phone numbers so they can still get stuff sold to people who don't want to pay smart choice if you ask me

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, I know to buy, sell, or list anything on Armslist last year, you had to buy into an account. But, at least you could see the ads, and prices. Now, the descriptions and prices are hidden so you have to log in, except for the vendors who have their items visible. I didn't think Armslist could get worse. I was wrong.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I had to go through this the other day. Login is still free but you have to create an account.

They needed to do something to stop all the spam/scammers. Craigslist had a similar problem (motorcycle section). About 1/3 the ads were scams. They instituted a $5 fee per ad to sell and scams dropped to 0% overnight (now the scammers try to list bikes in the accessories section which is still free to list.) Given the contentious / litigious nature of the items that Armslist is dealing with its good they are finally trying something to weed out the riff-raff. They had to do something to try and save their business model.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So an account is free now? Maybe I'll start watching again. I did buy one thing off there at a great price a while back so it's possible

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Yeah. Just tested and I can still login. You get a nag 'account upgrade needed' at the start but you can cancel and it works fine.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Not Good, no response

I wanted to list some 350 Legend ammo. I've had good success using Armslist.
    I had trouble logging in, turns out they wanted my cell phone # on file.
    As others said it's free to login in and look, just hit cancel on the upgrade. Many sellers have their phone number or email in the listing so you don't always have to pay to contact them.
    I paid the $7 to list and it's not going well. I've had NO bites after a couple weeks and bumps, and I put my phone # in the listing. I noticed the same listings repeating themselves as mine has and very few actually new listings. On the bright side I haven't gotten any scam emails either.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I'm not paying $10 a month to window shop over inflated ads
    You have to "login" to see the price AND the description,, so a seller putting contact info in the description wont help.

The Time tested idea of a Seller paying to place an add and browsing those adds is free,,,, has always worked.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I'm not paying $10 a month to window shop over inflated ads
    You have to "login" to see the price AND the description,, so a seller putting contact info in the description wont help.

The Time tested idea of a Seller paying to place an add and browsing those adds is free,,,, has always worked.

you don't have to pay to login, you can sign up for free, hit cancel when they ask you if you want to pay, then browse all you want.
    Yes it did work when it was free, that's my point, it's not working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom