• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Hey guys. I ended up buying tickets ahead of time so anyone that has done that do you just walk in and they scan the ticket in the door? Hoping to avoid a line of possible.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    aar from the show?? busy, empty, lines, quantity and quantity and prices of guns, ammo, etc? deciding if going over the weekend...

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    aar from the show?? busy, empty, lines, quantity and quantity and prices of guns, ammo, etc? deciding if going over the weekend...

Busy tonight! I got what I was after some N540 powder for my 6.5x47 Lapua. They had ammo didn’t look at prices. Lots of blade vendors. Good selection of surplus guns, plenty of knock off ar parts and 80% lowers. Primers could be had for 10-15 bucks per hundred I passed on that. No parking to be had. The wife and I walked over from Walmart. People are buying like the are expecting riots tonight for some reason!

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    It was very busy. Prices seem to be coming down on ammo a little faster online than from the vendors there, I didnt see much I couldn't beat at online prices. I only talked to one guy who had any FN 502s (My primary quarry), and they had sold them all within 15 minutes of opening. Several vendors told me a lot of people were asking for them.

Yes, If you already have tickets, you can skip the line. No capacity limits or the like.

If you are after annual passes, you get these at the information desk this year. They can not sell them at the ticket booths for some reason, so do not wait in one (or both) lines to get this.

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    Just got back from the show. Arrived at about 5:00 PM, no line and found close parking.

I was amazed at the amount of inventory on display. Most not legal for purchase by us poor soles living in Maryland. Several US training 22 rifles, prices were fair.
    Remington 40x, 513T's, Mossberg US44's, H&R M12
    I did see several interesting Colt AR's. Mexico stamped, Gau, Retro M16, SP1, and a 20" HBAR Elite.

I ended up picking up a post ban Colt Match Target for a real good price. I do not think it has ever been fired.

-Russ

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    Is there a person there doing custom molded ear plugs?

Lost my pair to a house fire in 2020, and when I was there this summer the woman that did customer ear plugs along the backwall wasn't there.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Is there a decent chance of finding SIG MPX mags at a show like this?

I think we have one at our table still. Black and 9mm. SSG Tactical

Edit- misread you were looking for mags. If you go, Dominion Defense MIGHT have some.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I went yesterday after work. got there at opening. was about a 10 min wait to get in. There was lots of ammo. saw some remanufactured 223 for $325.00 a 1000. ( Max tech brass 56 grain) most 9mm was between 30 and 40 cents a round. Saw a few kel tech P50s. also saw a Thompson copy made by eagle arms, it was a 45 cal open bolt gun. Lots to see. There were more knife people then normal. Overall I had a good time and was glad I went.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Went yesterday. Got there early and had lunch at Willard’s. Even with e tickets you had to wait in line but as you got close you bypassed the ticket booth. Line took 5 minutes tops to get in with the e tickets. One table had gen 2 mags for $9. Ammo still high but better. Couldn’t find viht n560 to save my life. Medusa did have large rifle magnum primers so snagged them. My cousin spent some coin at Precision. Not too busy overall. Good crowd, but not like Saturday crowds. Definitely a lot of junk swords and knives. Even more junk parts, but that’s typical. Seemed like there were less vendors.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Didn't have the big backlog at opening , but stayed stead up to within hour of closing .

Art42 & I hit Willards after the show .

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    It was my first chance to attend this show since pre-Covid. I was there from 1-2pm. Attendance was pretty good. I saw a lot of people walking around and out with pistols. More women that I remember from previous shows. I was looking for a few specific things. CZ75B mags, Ruger LCP Max mags, some extra G17 mags never hurt. Stuck out on reloading supplies. Really need H4350 powder.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    She hasn't been there since before COVID

If you are talking abut earplugs by Debbie, I think she stopped pre covid. I have a couple pairs I got from her a few years ago. The case had her phone number. When I called, she said she didn't know if she was going to continue doing it.
    If you do see her or someone selling the type where they inject the goop in to your ear, buy a few sets. They are getting hard to find.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    The wife and I had a nice time at the show today. Sometimes you don't find what you're after but it works out. I got to meet Madusa Joe who will be getting some of my business in the future and when a nice gentleman walked up to pet our dog, telling us he lost his recently, it was none other than "The great one" Mark Levin. Fun day!

Last edited:

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    It was my first chance to attend this show since pre-Covid. I was there from 1-2pm. Attendance was pretty good. I saw a lot of people walking around and out with pistols. More women that I remember from previous shows. I was looking for a few specific things. CZ75B mags, Ruger LCP Max mags, some extra G17 mags never hurt. Stuck out on reloading supplies. Really need H4350 powder.

H4350 is most likely stuck on a boat off of the California coast. I just recently found out that H4350, Varget and a few other powders are made in Australia.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The wife and I had a nice time at the show today. Sometimes you don't find what you're after but it works out. I got to meet Madusa Joe who will be getting some of my business in the future and when I nice gentleman walked up to pet our dog, telling us he lost his recently, it was none other than "The great one" Mark Levin. Fun day!

Nice :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom