• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    I am replacing three toilets in my house. If anyone wants to shoot them up, PM me. Maybe that only happens in the movies though. Otherwise, I will take them to the transfer station.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Really? No one wants a bunch of razor sharp fecal contaminated porcelain shards spread around their range?? I find that hard to believe.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    My old man loves to tell this story as a gun safety lesson. When he was much younger, he used to go to a local junk yard to shoot stuff. He was shooting a .357 (loaded with .38s) when he spotted an old toilet. He aimed, fired the shot, and heard something whiz past his head. When he walked over to the toilet, he found a lead ring looping the toilet and coming back out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If they are old toilet that are not the low flow flush, there is a good market out there for them. People can't stand the low flow new toilets.
    You may need a high capacity toilet license though.

Last edited:

Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    Update

I left the first toilet on my front yard, next to the curb, and it disappeared within a couple hours. I don't know if someone was reading this thread or looking to save a few bucks. And I had been thinking I was going to have to take them to the transfer station or ask the county for a bulk pick-up.

To sundazes, these are only six years old, so they are not high-capacity, just slightly older low-flow.

To rseymorejr, I wouldn't mind, but I live in the "urban area" of MoCo. Sorry.

There are two more resting in my front yard. I will update.

Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    End of story

On our regular trash day, the county came and took the toilets. I had to tell my boys that they went to live on a farm in the countryside.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    A friend and I were walking through the woods many years back,to get to a field to hunt groundhogs. He spotted a toilet and claimed first shot.Cant remember what caliber he had,but I was carrying a 270. After he shot,there wasnt any pieces left smaller than softball. I passed for second shot.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Really? No one wants a bunch of razor sharp fecal contaminated porcelain shards spread around their range?? I find that hard to believe.

Bravo

Attachments

• BE74E041-3117-4168-85DA-FE1814CB0F6F.jpg
      BE74E041-3117-4168-85DA-FE1814CB0F6F.jpg
      6.8 KB · Views: 169

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I once helped a buddy renovate his bathroom. He had to leave for a while, so I took the liberty of putting the toilet in his front yard, pulling some annuals out of his flower bed and planting them in the toilet. I then adorned the tank with a sign that said "Richard Petty number 1!"

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Back in 2011 at the GSA Regional Headquarters Building located at 7th and D Streets S.W., there were exploding toilets in the building caused by high water pressure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...eral-workers/2011/09/28/gIQA3IDt5K_story.html

Like usual the Washington post reports a bunch of crap that doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure it was caused by old powerflush toilets that had a design flaw. Pretty sure the maker of the flush valve got sued

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom