• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I think this is the same item at AMZ for $20 and free returns if you aren't satisfied.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KGF91Q2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No, it isn't. The one I mentioned made by Dewalt of better quality. Read review about the item on Amazon:

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made almost damaged battery
    Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2021
    Verified Purchase
    I almost damaged my battery trying to use this. It’s not worth damaging my nicely made and expensive dewalt battery for this. I’m returning this and buying the more expensive dewalt brand battery. At least I know I’m getting a well made and tested product.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Attachments

• inverter samlex PST-120-12.jpg
      inverter samlex PST-120-12.jpg
      19 KB · Views: 268

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    Yes as a fire starter. Have a big zip lock bag by the dryer. Never had any trouble with a handful and some newspaper in the firepit

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

My last house I heated with wood and if I wasn't there my wife had a hard time starting a fire so I ended up every couple of burning seasons getting a box of these SuperCeder fire starters: https://www.supercedar.com/

I would cut them into quarters and wrap in saran wrap to avoid a mess....coupled with a MAPP torch even one of the kids could start a fire in 15 seconds flat.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    No, it isn't. The one I mentioned made by Dewalt of better quality. Read review about the item on Amazon:

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made almost damaged battery
    Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2021
    Verified Purchase
    I almost damaged my battery trying to use this. It’s not worth damaging my nicely made and expensive dewalt battery for this. I’m returning this and buying the more expensive dewalt brand battery. At least I know I’m getting a well made and tested product.

Great catch......thanks, will go with the one from Lowes then, I've got a half a dozen of those.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My last house I heated with wood and if I wasn't there my wife had a hard time starting a fire so I ended up every couple of burning seasons getting a box of these SuperCeder fire starters: https://www.supercedar.com/

I would cut them into quarters and wrap in saran wrap to avoid a mess....coupled with a MAPP torch even one of the kids could start a fire in 15 seconds flat.

If you want to start a fire buy a bag of these use a handful and a match,
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fritos-Corn-Chips-The-Original-3-5-Oz/727415812

the best kindling there is next to bark from a white paper birch (Betula papyrifera)
    Its bark is an excellent fire starter; it ignites at high temperatures even when wet. The bark has an energy density of 5,740 cal/g (24,000 J/g) and 3,209 cal/cm3 (220,000 J/cu in), the highest per unit weight of 24 species tested.[7]

The Dollar Store brand works almost as good. You can also use Lens Cleaning Tissues
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pre-Moistened-Tissues-60-ct-Value-Pack/34771924

and a Ferrocerium rod
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocerium

to light the Fritos. Even a Bic Lighter that is out of fuel will throw enough sparks to light the alcohol soaked lens wipes which will light corn chips.

Just some things to add to your prepping supplies.

Nice find! Especially with all the extra guides. I have a Wahl professional model and they last a long time. Just don't forget to apply oil once in a a while. It helps it from running hot. I've had mine since 2012.

During the pandemic, I stopped going to the barbershops. Once I learned how to cut my own hair and also my kid's hair, I've been saving a ton of money.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Jalapeño SPAM has been unobtanium ln stores, and outrageously overpriced online. The Walmart in Sykesville had a bunch of it on the shelf (now minus 6) as of Friday which has been added to our stash.

Attachments

• IMG_9401.jpg
      IMG_9401.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 320

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Jalapeño SPAM has been unobtanium ln stores, and outrageously overpriced online. The Walmart in Sykesville had a bunch of it on the shelf (now minus 6) as of Friday which has been added to our stash.

Oooo yummy. I din't know Spam came with a jalapeño twist. Must order. :)

I think I'll just fry up some Spam and eggs this morning. Just finished some carpet cleaning here. I'm jonesing for a reward.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,

Now I have to find some of that , Never had SPAM till I had to work a year in Hawaii , It's all over out there and my local coworkers raged on me till I tried it and now I keep a dozen cans in my food supply .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Oooo yummy. I din't know Spam came with a jalapeño twist. Must order. :)

I think I'll just fry up some Spam and eggs this morning. Just finished some carpet cleaning here. I'm jonesing for a reward.

From Wikji:

Varieties
    As listed on the official Spam website, there are numerous different flavors of Spam products, including:

Spam Classic – original flavor
    Spam Hot & Spicy – with Tabasco flavor
    Jalapeño Spam
    Spam with Black Pepper
    Spam Low Sodium – "25% less sodium"
    Spam Lite – "33% fewer calories, 25% less sodium, and 50% less fat" – made from pork with ham, and mechanically separated chicken
    Spam Oven Roasted Turkey
    Spam Hickory Smoked
    Spam Spread – "if you're a spreader, not a slicer ... just like Spam Classic, but in a spreadable form"
    Spam Bacon
    Spam Cheese
    Spam Garlic
    Spam Teriyaki
    Spam Chorizo
    Spam Boricua – seasoned Puerto Rican-style flavor
    Spam Macadamia Nuts – Partnered with Hamakua Plantation
    Spam Turkey
    Spam Tocino
    Spam Portuguese Sausage
    Spam Pumpkin Spice - limited edition variety released in late September 2019

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Added 50 Magpul 30rd mags MOE Gen2 , from Palmeto State Armory's early Black Friday sale with there promotion code got them for 8.99 each and over 5 you get free shipping. I know that a lot of you can't take advantage of it but see if they will ship to a address out of MD. The price is just too sweet to pass up throwing a few more in the box

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom