• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Previous denial is not anywhere in writing as grounds for a future denial. The process is very black and white.

People worry about applying for carry permits in other states where that is a question.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I wonder do states even report denials to anyone anyways? Texas doesn’t, I have checked on that.

There is also no Federal requirement to report to anyone a denial either.

Lastly, if you know you have issues in your background that might be an issue, then why are you applying without pulling a state and federal Bg check on yourself in the first place?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Lastly, if you know you have issues in your background that might be an issue, then why are you applying without pulling a state and federal Bg check on yourself in the first place?

ppl are worried about getting denied for lack of G&S, not because of a background check issue.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I wonder do states even report denials to anyone anyways? Texas doesn’t, I have checked on that.

What are you talking about?

Next to a LEO, I'm as legal as they get. I was just discussing what my R.I. interviewer told my wife and myself about permit denials.

Lying on the application is not good for the applicant.

Last edited:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

If they ask the question and you’ve signed a truthfulness statement- I recall something like this on the MD app, then failure to disclose could be an issue.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    What are you talking about?

Next to a LEO, I'm as legal as they get. I was just discussing what my R.I. interviewer told my wife and myself about permit denials.

Lying on the application is not good for the applicant.

Never suggested one should lie on an application.

My point is simply how could they even know if you did or if you didn’t lie on that question, or even verify that you have or haven’t is and was my point.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I was denied 3 times in Maryland BEFORE I got approved. It made no difference. I am pretty sure it only matters if you are denied for something other than G and S

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom