• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Early adopter of the SP101 when they first came out. Well made, heavy for size, could use it to roof a house if needed. The LCRx, on the other hand? Biggest disappointment I've ever seen from Ruger.
    Well, here, actually...
    UIGcKHN.jpg

(no, it's not at an angle for the picture, it actually WAS just like THAT...)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You can only overthink but so far on paper ( or screen ) research .

Bottom line - Shoot a GP and SP side by side , with std .38 , and .38+P+/ mid .357 , and full power .357 . * Your * answer will be very obvious ,very quickly .

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Well finally bought one , get it from jail next week . Bought it at field traders , great place . Waited on a Colt but was sold . Guess if I wanted that bad would have bought it then and there. But I like Ruger products and I think GP is a fine looking pistol .i have to figure how to put up pictures

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Well finally bought one , get it from jail next week . Bought it at field traders , great place . Waited on a Colt but was sold . Guess if I wanted that bad would have bought it then and there. But I like Ruger products and I think GP is a fine looking pistol .i have to figure how to put up pictures

As payment for the advice many have given, we expect photos. :lol2:

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I did it ! My first picture .did on my phone. Hope I can figure how to do it again.guys I'm so excited right now just for posting a picture. Here she is .My new addition and she is awesome! I cant believe I did a picture .big deal for me .Ain't she purty.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    That makes the SP101 the smallest gun actually fully usable and controllable with full power .357 . Not fun and relaxing , but it Can be done , and not explicitly Painful . ( All those Scandium , etc J frame .357 , Are unusable with full power , and can be actually painful .

IF you want indestructible with .38 , and capable of full power .357 when desired , in most compact viable form , the SP101 is it.

My feelings exactly. For me the Sp101 is the smallest revolver that actaully makes sense shooting .357 magnum. I had a scandium j-frame in .357 and I found myself putting band aids on the webbing of my shooting hand and trigger finger before shooting it.

Not so with the Sp101. It’s not fun to shoot full house .357’s through it, but it’s not that bad either. .38 spl wad cutters feel like a .22 almost.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom