• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Some people can’t pick him out of a lineup.

Back when he thought AK's were everything and AR's were crap. Now its the other way around. Just like he is back on MDS after he crapped on the site, threw his temper tantrum that no one here did anything for him, and stormed off deleting everything and said he wouldn't be back.

He is very knowledgeable on the AR platform, he has read a lot about it and can regurgitate it and has dealt with just about every issue possible on the platform. But, he doesnt know everything, or understand the reasoning, about it and doesnt like to admit when he is wrong. He actively craps on anyone, including other armorers, who tries to point something out or question anything. Flow with him, question the flow at your own risk.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I'll play...

To some, AR's are a passion or hobby. To others, they're a tool. Clandestine (aka SOTAR) eats, breathes and probably bleeds AR. With that platform, not many know it better and go through to the meticulous extend he does and most of us know that if we have a problem, he's an email or phone call away. Glad I've met his acquaintance and yes, it sucks when your stuff fails his checks.

And yes, like many of us here, I can pick him out of the line up... :) Cheers.

PS - he love's a good lube..

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Back when he thought AK's were everything and AR's were crap. Now its the other way around. Just like he is back on MDS after he crapped on the site, threw his temper tantrum that no one here did anything for him, and stormed off deleting everything and said he wouldn't be back.

He is very knowledgeable on the AR platform, he has read a lot about it and can regurgitate it and has dealt with just about every issue possible on the platform. But, he doesnt know everything, or understand the reasoning, about it and doesnt like to admit when he is wrong. He actively craps on anyone, including other armorers, who tries to point something out or question anything. Flow with him, question the flow at your own risk.
    I love the guy. He’s a good friend. He has offered help every time I have asked. He’s fixed a couple of problems on my AR’s I couldn’t figure out. I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the platform.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

:sad20:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I love the guy. He’s a good friend. He has offered help every time I have asked. He’s fixed a couple of problems on my AR’s I couldn’t figure out. I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the platform.

I liked him also, until I questioned something and I got thrown under the bus. I think he is very knowledgeable on the AR and other firearm platforms. I am always trust but verify type of person. But my love waned due to his actions. I tried to talk with him about it and was dismissed. I offered to hook him up with contacts to discuss it directly with manufacturers. Then months after that, over a year after I first brought it up, he posted the exact same thing I told him and warned him about. When I first posted about it here publicly, I was trashed for questioning him. But he posted a video after saying the same thing I tried telling him. I am no armorer and my beef is mine alone. But, I also don't like how he left this forum.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

This is exactly my point. Its the people who like to stroke his ego and soak up his every word. Its cultish. I respect Chad and what he has done and his knowledge. But I am not going to stroke his "ego" and do anything he says simply because he said so.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is exactly my point. Its the people who like to stroke his ego and soak up his every word. Its cultish. I respect Chad and what he has done and his knowledge. But I am not going to stroke his "ego" and do anything he says simply because he said so.

I’m definitely not an ego stroker. It sounds like you had a couple of bad experiences which left a bad taste in your mouth. I’ve disliked people seemed to really love because of bad experiences. It’s life.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I’ve never done any such thing. Having taken one of his classes, I can tell you he will be the first to tell you he doesn’t know everything and that there are different ways of doing things.
    His experience is based on working on thousands of ARs to date. When some quality AR parts manufacturers are taking some of his advice and experience to make their product better that says an awful lot about his knowledge of the platform.
    I will say he’s helped me out a few times while not accepting anything in return, personally I think he’s a stand up guy and I’m proud to know him.
    Obviously you did not have a good experience with him at some point and sometimes that’s how life goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county

To some degree, many of us probably take offense to this. Chad/Clandestine is a nice family man. He means well, is opinionated in his ways and just like the rest of us, has his warts and wrinkles. It's not a cult of any sort. When you meet genuinely nice folk, who are respectful and helpful, to the extent of going out of his way to help - he's earned our respect. Simple as that.

Do I personally agree with everything he says or do I see the need to perform 50 QC checks on every BCG I own - umm nope. When I don't agree, I don't see a need to criticize either.

I'm old enough to realize that success also breeds resentment.

I choose to give the man a little credit for spending his nights and weekends helping and educating others. Has nothing to due with ego stroking - could give two sh_ts about that.

Life's to short for some of the BS people get caught up in. Cheers!

Chad/Clandestine is very opinionated and we have butted heads as well. We made amends and that is tough when it involves two "alpha males" who are both hard headed.
    The one thing I never questioned- even when we were at odds- is that he is likely the most knowledgeable AR guy on the east coast. Like him or not, the guy really knows his shit when it comes to Stoner's rifles.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

I haven't seen anyone stroke his ego in this thread. The only thing I've seen is you spending a ton of time basically saying you don't like him. We get it. It's fine.

I happen to like the guy and what he says makes sense. Unlike this gibberish.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I'll play...

To some, AR's are a passion or hobby. To others, they're a tool. Clandestine (aka SOTAR) eats, breathes and probably bleeds AR. With that platform, not many know it better and go through to the meticulous extend he does and most of us know that if we have a problem, he's an email or phone call away. Glad I've met his acquaintance and yes, it sucks when your stuff fails his checks.

And yes, like many of us here, I can pick him out of the line up... :) Cheers.

PS - he love's a good lube..

Well he did bleed due to one of my ARs. :innocent0

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    There are things I don't follow Chad to the tee on but I also don't throw it in his face either. When I do things outside his recommendation I know I do it at my own risk and I realize the ghost I am introducing into the machine. But Chad has always been honest in assessment and and as with all good craftsmen they have their ways that keeps them on their path and really do not like to deviate more so out of habit and experience.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This video came out today. Its one his most informative videos imo.

He's not on Patreon, or wasn't the last time that I checked. He used to give us videos like this when we attended his class. I would love for a way to support/sponsor/pay for this kind of content these days. Don't know if it's against YouTube rules to also sell videos of what you upload there (e.g. downloaded from another server, on USB drives, etc). I'd buy the USBs as would many here. Worried about the day when YouTube decides to remove the content, in the blink of an eye. I should just ask him directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom