• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Unless something's changed, the multi-mag grip can't be converted to Glock mags. You need the actual Glock grip.

Right,
    I ordered the Glock plates meaning the left and right grip plates.
    That's more expensive than just the little plate for the mag catch for the other conversions.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do they have a hydraulic buffer that will fit the shorter Banshee buffer tube?

The other question I would have is what hydraulic buffer do you use in a RDB gun? (9mm may be too stiff, as you have the delayed blowback....)

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    The Banshee 300 has a shorter buffer tube than a standard milspec tube.

I'd have to measure mine then. I ordered a MkGs 300 in 9mm, and then contacted CMMG and got the 8" upper from the 200 series put on (the shorter barrel was too short for my taste), and they included the 300-series upgrades with the longer upper.
    I don't know if they put the 300 upgrades on a 200 for me, or if they put a longer barrel on the 300 lower with the other 300 upgrades. That sounds like a job for the measuring tape to figure out.

Either way, it is such a fun gun to shoot, and is already buttery smooth and soft.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The cool thing about running the RDB with endomag on an A5 lower with a kynshot buffer and 5.56 tubb flatwire spring is that I can swap uppers and be shooting 5.56 with no lower changes.

It’s obviously longer than the way CMMG does theirs, but it’s better for what I want to do with my setup: CQB training.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here's one of my favorites: B&T GHM9SD. I'm told there are only about 25-50 SD kits in the entire country, so definitely not something you see everyday. Putting crappy 115 gr. through and having it be completely silent will never get old! It is a pain to clean though...
    Like the minimalistic look. Imagine that it's relatively lightweight too.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    New AR 45 (glock mag) from a Joe Bob Outfitters (aka New Frontier Armory) lower and CMMG Radial Delayed Blowback BCG and Barrel as a braced pistol. Again, this is a PISTOL and not a RIFLE; would not want someone to think I was building something not on the "up and up".

I like the way it turned out; it balances nicely, I can't wait to try it at the range.

Now, if I can figure out how to get the OAL to 29" AND able to put my Rugged Obsidian on it, I will apply for a Form 1 to SBR it. I am going to investigate a Sylvan folder plus a VLTOR A5 to see if that does it (with out assembling it, obviously). The pin and weld extension option is a last resort.

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpg
      IMG_1648.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 218

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What is the latest GO TO for converting an AR15 lower to 9mm or 45? Or just totally not worth it?
    I'd like to do glock mags

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    PCC AR9 reading has me running in circles. I did not do any dedicated thread but maybe I should.
    I have 2 spare AR stripped lowers so I decided to take the plunge to get my feet wet. Not sure if I'll be up to my ankles or my neck
    I ordered a 9mm kit, an additional 9mm upper assembly and Endo mag 3 pack.

kit
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...tweight-m-lok-railed-moe-sba3-pistol-kit.html
    Upper assembly
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...e-7-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch2.html
    endo mag
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/mean-arms-endomag-9mm-pmag-30-magazine-conversion-adapter.html

worse comes to worse I can dump what I bought and cut my losses. I"m looking mostly for the experience towards what ever is better and work my way up (yes and spend more $)

I did see some reports of success with the endo mags and these PSA uppers.
    What can I expect from this kit/combo?

What is the basic issue on AR triggers and 9mm blowback uppers?
    I read they are "hard" on the triggers, but what exactly is the issue and what do dedicated designed AR9 trigger assemblies do to midigate the issues w/ blowback?
    Do those issues go away with Radial Delayed Blowback uppers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom