• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    legal? yes.

wise? about on par with heating up a pan on your stove's highest setting, putting in about three tablespoons of olive oil, and when that starts smoking, lightly placing your freshly-shorn scrotum in the pan for three minutes.

actually, i take that back. the ball thing is way smarter than putting that stock on your AK.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    their products are awful. just awful. incredibly cheap plastic that seriously feels like it belongs on something orange and yellow with "NERF" written on the side.

i've seen nicer plastic on the dashboard of a yugo.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why all the ATI hate? Do their stocks break easily or something?
    They are generally considered low quality. Fit and durability issues.

If you want a good folder, I'd suggest a folding mechanism from Bonesteel Arms:
    http://bonesteelarms.com/Folding-Stocks_c10.htm

If you absolutely must have recoil-reduction, you can accomplish that by getting one of these stocks and putting it on the AR-15 interface tube:
    http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/gl-shock.htm

Yes, it's more expensive... but you don't want to go half-assed on folders. They're very hard to get right, especially if it's not an AK-100-style factory folder. I personally have a Beryl stock, which is one of the better factory folders, and even I find that to be not all that great.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What about the Yugo underfolding stock? The M70 ab2?
    Underfolders are notoriously terribad. Samson makes a $75 cheek rest that makes them almost usable, but unless you're married to the underfolder look, I'd skip it.

Also, realize that underfolders use a different rear trunnion than normal stamped receivers... with a couple rare exceptions, you either have an underfolder or you don't.

USN24

DoubleO7
    Oct 21, 2010
    Washington County
    Yeah, I already purchased one. I did find where people have been putting para cord around the stock. They've said it makes it more tolerable while firing. I dunno, guess I'll find out after I get it.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I did find where people have been putting para cord around the stock. They've said it makes it more tolerable while firing.

Some folks use flexible water pipe insulation instead of para cord. It makes for a better cheek weld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom