• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok - have I read SB281 correctly? You can keep your AR but you may not transport it anywhere; meaning the police can simply hang out at the rifle range and confiscate your AR after the ban is in place, since you may not transport it anywhere. Is that right??

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok - I received an email from MarylandShallIssue.org

" Although you may continue to own a banned rifle (after registering it), you CANNOT take it to the range to use. Transportation will be banned. "

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Grandfathering will take on a completely new meaning if the new law gets signed. The key word is "possess" but no where is it defined nor does it grant any right beyond possession that I can find.

HBAR ARs are currently nonregulated rifles but they and competition style ARs aren't exempt under the new law except for
    the Colt Sporter H-BAR, and that might be an oversight.

And the new catchall "copycat" catagory will snare a bunch of guns that they chose not to identify by manufacturer or model...one that concerns many collectors is the M1 Carbine which many folks own and preserve (mainly because of its detachable magazine and a standard mag is 15 rounds or 30 rounds for the M1A1 full auto).

Last edited:

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Ok - I received an email from MarylandShallIssue.org

" Although you may continue to own a banned rifle (after registering it), you CANNOT take it to the range to use. Transportation will be banned. "

I was pissed before but nearly crapped my pants when I read that. This is an all-out political battle, gents. Hammer away at the emails.

There is a thread going about how to change political affiliation to vote in primaries. I think that's a good thing to mention in your emails if you happen to be an R. I changed over this evening. Took 3 minutes.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2091883#post2091883

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    This is crazy...what's next? My child has a cavity, now I have to register their toothpaste and their toothbrush has been banned because it has evil blue bristles. Oops, I can keep the toothbrush, I just can't use it. Such BS
    This type of stuff needs to come out in Annapolis on the 6th. It's a slow death of 2A.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was pissed before, now I'm flat out mad. I know a few collectors that I have been trying to recruit for Feb 6th that have a lot more to lose then me and I hope this wakes them up.

ravensfan52

Jan 23, 2013
    What scares me is I just bought my first AR and I should be able to pick it up in a few weeks. I bought it the night before the legislation was introduced. If it does past I basically just spent $1300 on something I cannot use.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    What scares me is I just bought my first AR and I should be able to pick it up in a few weeks. I bought it the night before the legislation was introduced. If it does past I basically just spent $1300 on something I cannot use.

$1300 spent on a registered paper weight.

I wonder if the committee that wrote the bill was laughing at the language as it was being written.

rtodd1586

Sep 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    Well since they just made every gun owner in Md a criminal, Im selling my AR and my AK.. going down to Pratt street and buying something without paprers...I mean its basically the same thing right??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom