• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

3fingeredWU

Oct 3, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I'll tell you - If my wife would retire - I'd get the hell out of Frederick and Maryland. I'm from Wisconsin and I'd sure like to go back there. Easy to find places to hunt, fish, shoot and carry! Or Florida or Arizona.

They all sound good!

DSC729

Aug 18, 2012
    Mo County
    Im wth y'all on this one, I fu#*ing hate living in MD but not much I can do about it. My business is here, but the economy is shit so I make just enough to be stuck here. Wasn't always bad living here, bit has turned to shit as I've come to know it about 20 years ago

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    A couple years and we're outta here! Can't afford to retire here. First they steal our money now they want our guns and internal organs too! Soon there won't be anything left to take!
    We don't know anyone who is planning to retire in this "kingdom". Everyone we know is leaving.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    The sad part is I was born and raised here. I am a true Maryland river rat. If it were not for the politics and commie freeloader society that has overrun this state I would like to stay here. But as things are they way they are I am pushing my wife to take a transfer to Texas.

I love the bay and the rivers and the life I had growing up. I just want to be An American to much to stay here.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    I can still sail and enjoy the bay without having to have my residence be in Maryland.

opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    Maryland

I'm in the same boat too. Too old to start over so hunker down here another 8 or 9 years and then off to Florida I go. Montgomery County used to be desirable, now it is a hell hole. Crime, illegals, taxes, bleeding heart liberals. What a fall.

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    Fellow Great Lakian here as well. Man do I miss putting the tips up and relaxing. Or the woods that go on for miles and miles. The sound of the giant pines swaying in a howling wind. Above all else, visiting Picture Rocks.

I will say however, the more I travel through MD the more I see the beauty in this state. Love the hilly, winding country roads.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    As if the taxes and regulation isn't strangling enough, the crime rate in my neighborhood is rising in a very fast pace. I have lived in Cambridge all my life. My wife and I bought a home in a borderline nice area 6 years ago. In the past three weeks one guy has been attacked by three gangbanger's while walking to the store down by my house. He barely made it there before collapsing due to traumatic injury from a broken neck. Then just last Thursday there was an armed robbery at the same store where a punk ass wannabe gangbanger shot the clerk three times. We have a two year old daughter and I just don't feel that it is safe here anymore. Before all this, there has been many instances of petty theft around here. I feel I am stuck here due to being so underwater in my mortgage. I don't believe this place is going to get any better anytime soon unfortunately

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    If anyone knows of a decent job in NC for a middle age bald white guy, with no discernible skillset to speak of, that pays around $75K/yr, then please PM me. I am willing to start driving in about 20 minutes.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    We've got over 200 miles of shoreline in Cecil alone. Politics here is a joke..., climate blows.

But, it's home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom