• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Does anybody else feel like they were a part of history today?

The first time the Senate building has ever been closed because it's packed wall to wall.

Judging from the pictures I've seen of previous rallies on here (OH rallies, anyone?), this looks like the biggest turnout we've ever had.

And a bald eagle flying RIGHT over us?

I've been listening to this song on infinite repeat like it's our anthem or something.

I'm so ready for this. BRING IT ON O'MALLEY.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    It was very good today.

I think we made a difference, to be sure.

As for the Eagle, it first appeared right at 11:30. Not sayin'... just sayin'...:D

The second appearance was better, but a very good omen, regardless!

Yeah I was standing there fixated on that eagle flying around..made the hair on my neck stand up...it was almost like it was looking out for us..

Gatekeeper

Jan 18, 2010
    I was proud of Maryland Today

I Testified in front of committee today as I felt it was my DUTY to my family and Marylanders who's God Given Rights should be be ACKNOWLEDGED by this Government, not spoon fed to them as is currently done.
    I am leaving this State for a Truly Free State and really was NOT going to testify. After all this is NOT my fight anymore right? WRONG ! A Good Fried "John J." of Baltimore convinced me that as long as you are here it is still your fight. Ever since I went down there to those hearings, testified, and saw the thousands of Marylanders who showed their position, strength and solidarity, I AM PROUD of the People of the State I am sadly leaving. Although I am still moving I do so with renewed pride in my State's Men,s resolve and conviction to fight for their rights.

Marylanders, Sick-em!!! Like I said when I walked out of the room Don't let anybody take away your rights, anybody ! I wish you all God Speed.
    :thumbsup:

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Yes! That is exactly the way I feel. I was a little worried I would be the only one there. I told about a dozen people about the hearing today, and almost all of them said they would be there. I know several had things come up, and didn't post.

I spent the last two weeks thinking about what I would say, and this morning wrote out a few notes. I got in the car and allowed an hour to get to Annapolis, with plenty of time to spare in order to sign up by 11:00.

The first inkling I had that it was going to be a great day was when traffic was at a standstill on US 50 E. I called my office, and was told that there was an accident near the Bridge, and that was likely the reason. By this time I could see the Rowe Boulevard exit a mile or two ahead, and traffic on 50 E was traveling well. However, it was bumper to bumper on the exit. It took more than an hour to go the last few miles to the USN-MC Stadium.

The stadium lot was almost full. It took a long time to board the shuttle, and by the time the buses started moving, they were stopped again because Zippy was in the area. I got off and walked to State Circle.

There was a large gathering on the Mall. We shortly crossed the street and got in line for the Senate Office Building. That was another hour. Spirits were high, and the weather was brisk, but tolerable.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The fence sitters in both houses certainly noticed ... O'Malley, his lapdogs Browns, Busch, Frosh and Raskin can chatter away all they want, but the previously undecided Senators and Delegates DO know which way the wind is blowing.

Frosh predicts we will go to sleep after today and then he can have his way ... we need to pick some dates to re-ramp up our concerns to each and every MD legislator ... to show we are NOT going to sleep until sine die passes and the confetti falls

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    I spoke to multiple security people today and they universally agreed on two things. One, that this is the largest turnout they have ever seen. The second is that this group is the best behaved group they have seen.

Chair just announced that they are on page 8 of 40 in the sign up book. All remaining people on the list are pro gun.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    For the past 3 hours there have been over 400 members signed in on the MD thread. I think we only had about 200 after the Wollard case.

Great turnout today also. I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome to our visit to Annapolis

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    The fence sitters in both houses certainly noticed ... O'Malley, his lapdogs Browns, Busch, Frosh and Raskin can chatter away all they want, but the previously undecided Senators and Delegates DO know which way the wind is blowing.

Frosh predicts we will go to sleep after today and then he can have his way ... we need to pick some dates to re-ramp up our concerns to each and every MD legislator ... to show we are NOT going to sleep until sine die passes and the confetti falls

QFT

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Was a good day? I'm still here!

It's not over. I am still here hoping I will actually get to testify. We will be heard

Awesome! I couldn't stay, but I'm glad we have guys like you to hold the line when the others can't!

I spoke to multiple security people today and they universally agreed on two things. One, that this is the largest turnout they have ever seen. The second is that this group is the best behaved group they have seen.

Chair just announced that they are on page 8 of 40 in the sign up book. All remaining people on the list are pro gun.

YES! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom