• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    http://www.fkbrno.com/en/7-5-fk-system

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 9.00.00 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 8.59.27 PM.jpg

What you all think? It's hard for me to think of why anyone would go with this over a glock 20. It would be fun to shoot a five seven and a seven five at the same time whilst flying sideways through the air though.

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    looks like it would be a good round like the 5.7 but being a specialty type deal is it worth it? but if you got one and need help breaking it in i'll help ya. :innocent0

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Looks like a necked down 10mm Magnum. Or a shortened, necked up 6.8 SPC. If you can find a new 10mm Magnum pistol, a barrel swap will get you into this cartridge. I would like hands on with this pistol. That grip has got to be huge.

pappa

Dec 9, 2015
    Looks like a necked down 10mm Magnum. Or a shortened, necked up 6.8 SPC. If you can find a new 10mm Magnum pistol, a barrel swap will get you into this cartridge. I would like hands on with this pistol. That grip has got to be huge.

Believe Tokarev 7.62x25 COL is 34mm. Don't see 1 more mm , 3%longer, would make grip unwieldy Might be wider than a Tokarev grip should actual guns be high capacity. Tokarev grip fits my hand really well, but it is single stack.
    Like you, I sure would enjoy shooting one. If real reliable, would make a great hunting sidearm. Must confess, think both gun and ammo will be out of my price range.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    multi caliber

the gun (FK brno PSD) comes with either an additional 10 mm barrel or 9 mm kit (barrel and spring I think). so you can plink with the 9 or 10 depending on your budget. the gun goes for $1650 and I think it also includes a stabilizing brace. not cheap but you get a lot.But I don't see the gun on the approved list. nor on the disapproved list for that matter. brno is part of the cz family, so I have nop doubt this is a high quality gun.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    http://www.fkbrno.com/en/7-5-fk-system

View attachment 182812

View attachment 182813

What you all think? It's hard for me to think of why anyone would go with this over a glock 20. It would be fun to shoot a five seven and a seven five at the same time whilst flying sideways through the air though.

Are you talking about the round or the pistol? It seems that the pistol was designed to handle the higher recoil from the round and make it manageable to shoot in a handgun. I am not sure 75-150m is all that appropriate for a handgun. I believe most people would need a stock to shoot at that distance reasonably accurately.

The round appears to have similar performance to a 30 carbine with a slightly lighter bullet and a shortened case. The performance of this round would be more similar to 556 than either the 10mm (slow heavy bullet) or the 5.7 (fast light bullet)

Last edited:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    the gun (FK brno PSD) comes with either an additional 10 mm barrel or 9 mm kit (barrel and spring I think). so you can plink with the 9 or 10 depending on your budget. the gun goes for $1650 and I think it also includes a stabilizing brace. not cheap but you get a lot.But I don't see the gun on the approved list. nor on the disapproved list for that matter. brno is part of the cz family, so I have nop doubt this is a high quality gun.

I have been looking at this vs a Witness in 10mm and seeing if I could find a 9x25 Dillon barrel for it. I like the 7.5FK round and it's a hard hitter shown on all the YT gun channels (they all seem gaga for it).

I do believe the chest brace is only included with the $7500 field pistol and not the polymer one, but is available separately.

I wonder if anyone has submitted one for approval as this looks like it would be a great tax time pickup :D

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Spoke to my FFL about submitting this. First have to buy the gun which is a 60 business day waiting period, so about 3 months. Than we submit it with the 10 mm barrel which ensures the magazine is a 10 round mag. For now I am holding off on buying just cuz I have bought 6 guns the past year and I have not put 1000 rounds in any of them so far due to ammo price. And I live in Moco and when I go to gilbert's I end up paying $200 for 250-300 rounds. I think the $1650 price tag is worth it compared to other guns in the same price range. You get a lot - 2 barrels. And for those asking for ammo price, fkbrnousa sells the ammo directly and it is around $1/round - maybe a bit more, but you can shoot the 10 mm/40sw with the other barrel or even get it with the 9 mm barrel to lower your ammo plinking costs.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I think the final decision for me is going to come down to the lack of a threaded barrel on the FK.

I can get the Witness in 10mm and get a 39SPL 6" barrel, have it chambered for 9x25 and threaded for a suppressor. This would put the power at just under the 7.5 round.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The 7.5FK seems like it would make an awesome sub gun round. At least if you needed light armor penetration. Sure, it is still not going to hold up to full rifle calibers, but a PDW or sub gun in it would be pretty badass

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    The 7.5FK seems like it would make an awesome sub gun round. At least if you needed light armor penetration. Sure, it is still not going to hold up to full rifle calibers, but a PDW or sub gun in it would be pretty badass

Tim at Military Arms said the same thing. I am just hoping the come out with a 6 inch and/or threaded barrel for it so I can hunt deer and/or suppress it.

I would also like to see dies and reloading components come out for it.

I would also like to see it go head-to-head with the 9x25 Dillon, but that seems like a now deceased cartridge.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Basically a hot Tokarev 51k vs 36k, and .308 dia bullets vs .311. Kinda surprised hot 30cal handgun rounds aren't explored more, modern metalurgy that can handle rifle pressures, and bullet designs that can make use of stupid velocities, do it in a straight walled or tapered case and get 2-6 more rounds capacity vs 9mm in the same size flush fitting mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom