• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    Picked up my 4" Colt Python last week from Fred's Sporting in Waldorf. (Great staff, great service.) I paid list price. I had a blue 4" I bought in 1980 that I sold in 1997. Sorry that I did. This new pistol is comparable. The action is smooth with no stacking. The single action breaks clean at 6 lb. I would prefer 4lb. Very attractive revolver. Polished stainless appropriate for shooting Werewolves and Zombies. The only complaint is speedloaders will not clear the grips. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

Also I live in Calvert Co. (18 acres) and had a neighbor who called the police eveytime I fired a round. After about 10 visits the LEO told them I was not breaking the law so unless I was shooting at them to stop calling.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Good to here some good reports on the new pythons. Seems like the internet has nothing but negative. As far as neighbors calling the cops, i guess this ******** has a silver lining. I doubt cops would respond to those calls right now.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Colt did have a problem on a limited amount of new Pythons...but from all the noise on the internet about it you would have thought the sky was falling. As it was...the issues were easily solvable and honestly...never should have happened...unforced errors and some heads should have rolled because of it.

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    Pics

Sorry guys, I'm 70. How do you post pics????????????????? Maybe if one of you guys is in the Pr Frederick area you could put on your hazmat suite and your N 95 mask and show me how.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Picked up my 6" back in January. Mentioned it back then and was getting a set of grips from Altamont Company, (https://www.altamontco.com/). Great fit for my hand and much better control during double action firing. The OP is correct, speed loaders don't quite fit with the original grips or the Altamont grips. Waiting for a response from Colt. Initial was, "don't know how we missed that". Anyone who has a speed loader that works, I would be interested in the brand. The one in the picture is one I use with my S&W 686s.

Attachments

• Python.jpg
      Python.jpg
      60.9 KB · Views: 424

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    Speed Loader

The safariland loaders don't work either. With my previous Python I took a set of Pachmyer Presentation rubber grips and cut out the backstrap to fit my smallish hands. They looked like s... but they fit my hand well and speedloaders cleared. Called Pachmyer to order a set for the 2020. They said the old grips would not fit the new gun.
    Let us know if Colt is going to offer grips that work or anyone else offers a grip that will work. I can't find any.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Pachmayr Presentation grips do fit the new Python...any grips that fit the old Python, Three-Fifty-Seven, Trooper .357, Official Police, Officers Model Match...as long as it the Colt E/I-frame...will work on the new Python. Colt specifically made sure the grip frame is the same.

My new Python with Pachmayr Presentation grips...25 yards offhand...
    2020-Python-target.jpg

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Are these being shipped to distributors again? Seemed like they all disappeared after the first batch went out and people reported problems.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    From what I hear, all that are being shipped at the moment are the 4.25" model as that's where the demand is. I also heard that 2020 production of the Python has been sold out...every one being made is already promised to distributors who have placed orders. From there Colt will have little if any control what retailers receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom