• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    The G3C has been approved but won't hit the roster til around Nov 8. Below is the response I received.

Good Afternoon,

All firearms, except the Glock/FC Arms M3S, were approved by the Board at the September 16th HRB meeting. The approved firearms will be in the next MD Register issue on October 9th. You have to allow 30 days for objections and if none, the firearms will be legal for sale and on the handgun roster on November 8th. The minutes from the September HRB meeting will not be posted on the website until after they are approved at the next HRB meeting on December 9th.

Thank You,

The MD Register can be found here, Handgun Roster info starts on p36 with the G3C info on p37
    http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/4721.pdf

Thank you very much for posting this! :thumbsup:

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    The G3C has been approved but won't hit the roster til around Nov 8. Below is the response I received.

Good Afternoon,

All firearms, except the Glock/FC Arms M3S, were approved by the Board at the September 16th HRB meeting. The approved firearms will be in the next MD Register issue on October 9th. You have to allow 30 days for objections and if none, the firearms will be legal for sale and on the handgun roster on November 8th. The minutes from the September HRB meeting will not be posted on the website until after they are approved at the next HRB meeting on December 9th.

Thank You,

The MD Register can be found here, Handgun Roster info starts on p36 with the G3C info on p37
    http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/4721.pdf

Thank you very much for posting this! :thumbsup:
    Yep...thanks :D

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    Shot one today (7.4.20) .
    I put about 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. It was pretty nice.
    The price is right. Under $200

Anybody have one? The grip was fantastic.
    7563170efb03fcafd60c8e618c217929.jpg

Ohhhhh I like it I have a Taurus revolver but I like this one also :)

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    The newest model, the GX4 is already on the roster. https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurus-gx4

Feels great in my hands, and the trigger really seems nice for what it is. Grips and points naturally for me. I bought one at the gun show yesterday. I was looking at them Friday, and the cheapest I saw was 350, but there were several available at 339.99 on Sunday. Actually I tried to buy one 3 times, before I found a dealer willing to ship it to my preferred FFL. I don't go to Chantilly to sit around and do paperwork, just to have to go to some other FFL I don't know and never dealt with to pay too much for a transfer.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    So is Taurus finally shed the "crappy guns" image??
    The Taurus THC9 is on my "list" of hammer fired SA/DA 9mm pistols.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    So is Taurus finally shed the "crappy guns" image??
    The Taurus THC9 is on my "list" of hammer fired SA/DA 9mm pistols.

It seems like it. I have been in two gun shops shooting the shiz with the counter man, and both told me they have been very impressed. Said that they have had to ship fewer taurus back to the manufacturer than other brands in the last few years.

I compared the triggers of the GX4, 365, and one other I cant recall at the moment, and the GX4 seemed to have the best trigger of the bunch by far. That and their comments on quality/reliability sold me, not to mention the price. When I found that a 502 was unobtainium at the Chantilly show, I went ahead and picked up a GX4, for 339.99.

ETA: The third one was the Ruger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom