Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    We could clutter this thread with good, friendly debate :beer:

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    They’re currently sitting on ANJRPC v. Bruck, the challenge to NJ’s magazine ban and at least one justice has shown interest in MD’s ban. NYSRPA is being written right now, so it may be a signal that enough Justices know that whatever they’re going to do is going to have ramifications for these other cases.

They’re also sitting on Young v. Hawaii, but that is about carry and the scope of the 2A outside the home.

We’re in an interesting time. If I had to guess at who’s writing NYSRPA, I’d guess Kavanaugh. https://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/09/judge-kavanaugh-and-the-second-amendment/

Roberts doesn’t want to be in the minority on this case, as he gets to pick its author and there ain’t no way he’d let Thomas do it.

My second guess is Alito.

Damn you. This shit isn't what my nerves need these days.

(But actually thank you)

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    My bets are Roberts tries to do it himself, or points to Barrett.
    If Roberts goes too wishy-washy, he risks becoming concurring in the judgement and Thomas could get to write 5-1-3. It could end up 4-2-3 with Barrett and Roberts in the middle for the plurality.

IMO Alito, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh would defer to Thomas given the chance to pick for themselves.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Another 30-day extension requested by the Office of the Attorney General.
    FM3DstAXEAM2dNO

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20302 Ltr to Clerk Supreme Court US 21902.pdf

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Another 30-day extension requested by the Office of the Attorney General.

Maybe if the AG's partisan buddies in the MGA didn't try to foist such a grossly distorted, disenfranchising redistricting map on us, the AG wouldn't be so busy fighting off suits. I hope the extension gets denied, but, realistically, how often does that actually happen?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Of course even if Herr Baron was granted his extension which would expire on my B Day,Income Tax Day 15APR2022, and if the case was granted cert, it would not be argued before SCOTUS until next year anyway with Jackson on the bench, if she is approved, I wonder if they are waiting to see if the ruling in the NY Case is released before they write there reply.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    figures.

"I and my office are so busy suppressing the constitutional rights of the citizens of this state that I literally can't even be ready to defend my actions on a federal level without at least a years notice. I need a safe space, you didn't use my preferred pronoun, why is everything so hard? You don't know what it is like being a state level bureaucrat/leech. Where is my emotional support animal? Why cant the world change to suit my needs? I don't feel safe and need more time to feel better."

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Of course even if Herr Baron was granted his extension which would expire on my B Day,Income Tax Day 15APR2022, and if the case was granted cert, it would not be argued before SCOTUS until next year anyway with Jackson on the bench, if she is approved, I wonder if they are waiting to see if the ruling in the NY Case is released before they write there reply.

They would need three more extensions for that. I expect even the very lenient clerk's office will say no to five extensions.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

They would need three more extensions for that. I expect even the very lenient clerk's office will say no to five extensions.

Jackson will be replacing Breyer, and will likely be voting identically on 2A issues. No point dragging things out waiting for an identical vote.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They should not issue extensions except in extreme circumstances. it seems like a couple of extensions are always granted, it’s complete BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom