• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I drive an hour to get there. 30 min commute would be awesome. If you join now (i.e. after July 1), the range badge is half price for the remainder of the year. I'll second or third the ideas that I've never not been able to get a lane, and all of your steel questions will be answered when you take the steel test ;) You can also work off some of your range badge by participating in the range work days throughout the year.

If you didn't already belong to a club, your MSI membership gets you in as well.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Like others have notes we are fortunate to have so many options in our area, including AGC.

Also I got the steel cert i think early last year and it’s been great. Unless I’m developing a load or really trying to adjust a scope there is almost no reason to shoot paper.

If you want to have some more fun without buying steel targets, look on the calendar for Arlington’s Steel pistol shoots. They are open to anyone guest do not have to be members. They don’t charge anything IIRC but do take donations.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Get a note/score book so you can write things down like sight settings, wind temperature ammo rifle, date etc.
    Mark your targets in it for hits and keep it going so it becomes a habit.
    A sling and mat are also good to have if you don't always have to shoot from the bench.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Hmmm. I have a big plastic ammo can I got at Bass Pro during the ammo shortage - buying the can allowed me to get a few more boxes. I’ll bring that next time.

I picked up some of those items I mentioned earlier - Uplula mag loader, an AR press loader that loads 5 at a time, chamber flags, a sight tool, and I’m looking at inexpensive spotting scopes - I think I’m going to want one of those.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    As you accumulate range stuff, consider wheeled totes. Big wheels are a must. The firing line may not be close to the vehicle. I don't have one of these, just a storage tote.
    https://www.amazon.com/beyond-DECKE...8574945&sprefix=wheeled+stor,aps,165&sr=8-101

Another transport is a good wide folding handtruck big wheel.
    The friend I went with last weekend had a big folding wagon with big wheels, and that's what he used to cart all of his stuff from range to range. We got lucky on the 100 yard range and got a lane right near the end - I think we were in lane 98 - so about as close as we could be to the pistol range unless we wanted to do benchrest only.

I'm going to do it. With it being just half-price after July 1, that makes it kind of a no-brainer. I'm getting my ducks in a row to fill out the form and I'll see when I can get to the range on a Sunday morning for an orientation. That will give me an idea if I want to try to keep the membership from year to year, which I probably will, although I have had a couple of memberships at On-Target over the years - a couple I used and used, and one other time I think I used it maybe once, so it didn't pay off.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Did the Guest Fees suddenly go away ? Not long ago this blew up into a Huge , very devisive issue , with very strong opinions on all sides .

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    The friend I went with last weekend had a big folding wagon with big wheels, and that's what he used to cart all of his stuff from range to range.

I looked at the Brownells folding wagon. Nice setup. I used to keep the storage tote on the back seat year round.

paperwork351

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yup , that's the controversial Guest Fee .

But other than that , if you live vaguely within distance of Marriotsville , and usually shoot by yourself , it's an excellent facility .

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Here's something that kind of sucks.

They do orientation twice a month - 1st and 3rd Sundays in the morning. Because of my involvement with church music ministries, I won't be available you attend one of these until maybe late September. Not cool.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Here's something that kind of sucks.

They do orientation twice a month - 1st and 3rd Sundays in the morning. Because of my involvement with church music ministries, I won't be available you attend one of these until maybe late September. Not cool.

Check with MSI- thought they did them on Saturdays as well for those using MSI for the badge, I know in the past squaregrouper has done them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom