• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    As of today I'm legit! I picked up my range badge today so I'm good to go for the remainder of the year.

If you are looking for a Saturday or Sunday shooting partner who can help you get comfortable with the scene, let me know.

I’m probably going Saturday 28th or Sunday 8/29.
    I'm always down to meet other members of MDS, and it's always good to have someone to shoot with.

I'll probably try to make it out next weekend, (this weekend is pretty full) so between you and my friend Bill, I should always have someone to shoot with.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    As of today I'm legit! I picked up my range badge today so I'm good to go for the remainder of the year.

I'm always down to meet other members of MDS, and it's always good to have someone to shoot with.

I'll probably try to make it out next weekend, (this weekend is pretty full) so between you and my friend Bill, I should always have someone to shoot with.

Next Saturday or Sunday is my plan as long as work doesn’t get in the way, and I have some time to work up some reloads at the bench.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I sure do wish we could figure out a way to help folks navigate the waters that are necessary to take in order to finally end up with an AGC Range Badge. It's not really all that complex, once you gone through and understand it, but there are so many options and decisions that you have to make (which club, which walkthrough, etc.) that I am afraid some folks might just put it off and keep going to some indoor range somewhere in lieu of going through the process.

I am thinking an instructional video that pops up when you visit the website might be in order. In fact, it might also be a good idea to have a promotional video that details ALL of the things that the AGC has to offer. Calling OCCAM - We have a job for you.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I sure do wish we could figure out a way to help folks navigate the waters that are necessary to take in order to finally end up with an AGC Range Badge. It's not really all that complex, once you gone through and understand it, but there are so many options and decisions that you have to make (which club, which walkthrough, etc.) that I am afraid some folks might just put it off and keep going to some indoor range somewhere in lieu of going through the process.

I am thinking an instructional video that pops up when you visit the website might be in order. In fact, it might also be a good idea to have a promotional video that details ALL of the things that the AGC has to offer. Calling OCCAM - We have a job for you.

He would do a kickass job. Maybe worth a range badge or two.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

I'll confess, my first (several) encounters with people trying to explain the mysterious path between looking in at AGC from the outside and having a range badge left me thinking, "Oh, I get it - they don't actually want any more people crowding the range." When I hear "join specialty club, attend meetings, also have relationship with parent organization which separately dishes out badges ..." my eyes glaze over. It's why - as a person who likes to shoot, but not someone who generally relishes the "being in the club" part of club-joining - I like my experiences with AGC's action shooting. It's retail! I show up, I give Mike the cash I earned stripping the night before, and I get to shoot. Done!

But I totally understand the need for people who will be self-operating on a rifle range to have gone through the process and sign agreements, etc. Gotta do it. I get it.

Agreed that a nice, succinct, narrated how-does-this-work video that also shows off WHY you'd want to join: that's a good idea. We just need somebody totally hot to be on camera explaining it. Recreate that Boat Show feeling :-)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I'll confess, my first (several) encounters with people trying to explain the mysterious path between looking in at AGC from the outside and having a range badge left me thinking, "Oh, I get it - they don't actually want any more people crowding the range." When I hear "join specialty club, attend meetings, also have relationship with parent organization which separately dishes out badges ..." my eyes glaze over. It's why - as a person who likes to shoot, but not someone who generally relishes the "being in the club" part of club-joining - I like my experiences with AGC's action shooting. It's retail! I show up, I give Mike the cash I earned stripping the night before, and I get to shoot. Done!

But I totally understand the need for people who will be self-operating on a rifle range to have gone through the process and sign agreements, etc. Gotta do it. I get it.

Agreed that a nice, succinct, narrated how-does-this-work video that also shows off WHY you'd want to join: that's a good idea. We just need somebody totally hot to be on camera explaining it. Recreate that Boat Show feeling :-)

It’s more of a place you discover rather than one trying to discover you. Some ranges advertise along their roads or in various ways online where AGC is more one you hear about or find by searching online and stumble upon their site. It would appear as if increasing membership is not really a goal. MDS has tried to connect in the past with an AGC sub-forum but that went by the wayside and was deleted IIRC when it became little but complaints.

I’m not a club guy either, I did MMSS when I first joined years ago as it was the non-club way in, now I use my MSI membership which everyone here should already belong to.

As for the video idea while it sounds nice I’m not so sure the range would be that interested in advertising and having anything out there in representation that could be used against it by the anti’s surrounding it with suburban sprawl.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It’s more of a place you discover rather than one trying to discover you. Some ranges advertise along their roads or in various ways online where AGC is more one you hear about or find by searching online and stumble upon their site. It would appear as if increasing membership is not really a goal. MDS has tried to connect in the past with an AGC sub-forum but that went by the wayside and was deleted IIRC when it became little but complaints.

I’m not a club guy either, I did MMSS when I first joined years ago as it was the non-club way in, now I use my MSI membership which everyone here should already belong to.

As for the video idea while it sounds nice I’m not so sure the range would be that interested in advertising and having anything out there in representation that could be used against it by the anti’s surrounding it with suburban sprawl.

Three posts above yours the President of the AGC said that a video would be a good idea.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    To be fair, he wasn't president when he made the suggestion.

But now he is.....:innocent0

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom