• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****That's pretty cool using air guns to practice like that. One can definitely work on the fundamentals of target acquisition, engagement, reloading, lateral as well as forward/back movement, etc...

That being said, as an RSO, the shooter would have been flagged on multiple occasions for poor muzzle control, lasering himself repeatedly and other muzzle and trigger type violations. All of those bad habits can be broken and the shooter can be taught some drills to correct those bad habits so they become a safer and better shooter overall.

Definitely cheaper to shoot airguns like that versus typical handgun and rifle calibers for the amount of projectiles sent down range in that video. Probably $200 worth of ammo went down that range in less than 2 minutes given current ammo prices. Hopefully that changes soon with ammo prices coming down more in price versus where they are now.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    MaxV02 I extend to you a personal invitation to come on down and give me some pointers. I'll even pay for your gas and time.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Is that airsoft or are you shooting metal BBs?

I was into airsoft before I had real firearms and now that ammo has become really expensive I've been looking at airsoft for cheap practice again.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    I wish I could say I've taken some in person training but that's not the case. So I did what I thought was the next best thing and purchase the Magpul DVD's and binge watch T-REX arms videos on youtube.

Before we purchased our property I was shooting at the NRA range and one of the RSO tapped me on the shoulder once I stopped shooting. My first thought was damn what did I do wrong............then he asked me who trained me. I looked at him and said Travis Haley and Chris Costa.

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    OK this time I'll be more direct.
    What are the brand and models of your bb guns?

Looks like a lot of fun at a cheaper price and no tax stamp required.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I picked up a couple of AirSoft, and plan on some more.

The nice thing about AirSoft is that you don't have to worry so much about direction of fire and your house windows. :D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I picked up a couple of AirSoft, and plan on some more.

The nice thing about AirSoft is that you don't have to worry so much about direction of fire and your house windows. :D

You can hang up a blanket for an Air Soft backstop.

You can buy or make plate racks, Texas stars, poppers designed for air soft and set up a steel challenge practice course in your garage or basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom