• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Maryland’s political map is changing: The bluest counties are becoming bluer and the reddest counties are getting redder. But it is the shifts in “purple” counties that may prove the most consequential in local and statewide elections.

Battleground counties such as Anne Arundel, Frederick and Talbot have grown increasingly Democratic over the past dozen years in either voter registration, presidential candidate choices or both, according to state and county data. Meanwhile, previously Democratic-leaning counties such as Howard and Charles are becoming even bluer.

The changes were reflected in the Nov. 3 presidential election — in which Frederick, Kent and Talbot counties flipped to Democratic after voting Republican in 2016.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politi...0201209-j37jfaqoqveo7g6ciqshbwyhn4-story.html

Just when you thought Maryland couldn't get any bluer. If AA, Frederick, and to a lesser extent Talbot Co. go blue it will become tremendously hard for Republicans to win state-wide in Maryland. Gov. Hogan is a true anomaly. This will further cement and embolden left-wing politicians to crack down on last remnants 2A freedoms. It use to be some moderate Democrats could be persuaded not to support radical legislation but they are becoming fewer.

Last edited:

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    only good thing about becoming bluer is that those Dems aren't going to Red states turning them purple.

That's a good point, MD does act like a blue-sponge on the east coast that absorbs many Democratic and left-leaning voters.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Frederick going Libtard is going to seriously hurt.

It’s bad enough living in Maryland, but I always had some solace knowing that Frederick county was an alright place to live. It’s quickly turning into Montgomery county. Feeling less and less like the place I grew up in every day.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The leftists have had a hard on for AACO for at least 20 years because it was the largest purple/red county in the state that refused to get onboard with their need for total control.

Their solution was to import people from Baltimore City to Brooklyn Park, Glen Burnie and so forth, and then to import people from PG County to Maryland City and other areas on the Meade attendance zone.

Then don't get me started on the importing of Hispanic immigrants to all areas of the county and advocating for "workforce housing" in traditionally right-leaning areas like the Broadneck peninsula.

All with the apparently successful, but obviously intentional, outcome of flipping the county reliably to the left.

Add in the complicity of the legacy media, and the attack squads on social media and the plan has worked famously.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    The leftists have had a hard on for AACO for at least 20 years because it was the largest purple/red county in the state that refused to get onboard with their need for total control.

Their solution was to import people from Baltimore City to Brooklyn Park, Glen Burnie and so forth, and then to import people from PG County to Maryland City and other areas on the Meade attendance zone.

Then don't get me started on the importing of Hispanic immigrants to all areas of the county and advocating for "workforce housing" in traditionally right-leaning areas like the Broadneck peninsula.

All with the apparently successful, but obviously intentional, outcome of flipping the county reliably to the left.

Add in the complicity of the legacy media, and the attack squads on social media and the plan has worked famously.

They’re like the damn Borg.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    What makes Frederick County worse is not just the Libs escaping what they've created in DC, Montgomery County and Baltimore...it's the gerrymandered Congressional lines. It further dilutes the Republican presence.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Demographic displacement. While I’m not trying to down play the role of the useful idiots(white liberals), simply follow demographic patterns to see what is really happening. White flight is the reason for “red getting more red”. While most can’t or won’t admit what this is ultimately leading up to, I will. For those unfamiliar with the term “Balkanization”, you might want to brush up on its meaning. With the borders wide open, it’s coming regardless of what anyone wants or hopes. We have mathematically reached the point of no return.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    We’ve been in Frederick close to 30 years. Once Chuck Jenkins goes, that will be it. I want to leave but the wife has friends, family and medical community she’s attached to.

Same I have two years left and am looking. Frederick is already blue and going faster by the day. Jan is making sure of that with spending policies.

The freakin McMansions they are building on the west side are going for 500k+. Townhomes on Church Street Eat are going for 600k

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    They’re like the damn Borg.

They're like locusts. They infested the counties around DC, and when their social programs and liberal utopia imploded with crime and out-of-control fees/taxes, they spread out. They moved up 270, infesting Frederick next. They moved up 95 making Howard worse, they went east on 50 so they could set upon Anne Arundel (some even working into Queen Anne)....now they are beset on destroying those locations with the same vitriol.

They. Are. A. Plague.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I am up more towards clearspring. The liberals are definitly pouring in. Housing prices are going up quickly and crime in hagerstown seems to be steady on the rise. Even Hancock is starting to get hit. They have taken over Berkeley Springs and Martinsburg in WV too

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I had always considered Maryland as pretty much blue as it could be. With any luck, we are leaving Virginia to move to Tennessee, partly because Virginia will soon join Maryland as irrevocably blue. A shame, too, Virginia was a pretty good state for a while.
    Well, good luck you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom