• slyitry

Jul 28, 2009

Attachments

• 20210910_162733.jpg
      20210910_162733.jpg
      213.5 KB · Views: 324

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks. Its an absolute blessing to be able to walk behind your home and shoot just about anytime you want but with that comes cutting grass 5-6 days a week and that's even with 13 goats. It gets old real quick.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You gotta get those gloves off. Your reloads, you need to get that pistol back to you, and not lean to the right, fishing for your mag. Leaving that arm extended and trying to throw that mag out of the well is not the way.
    Only way I can explain is twist(your wrist) pistol to the right, like you're going to read your palm. That mag will fall out when you hit the release as you do this.
    Then keeping that palm/left side of the pistol facing up, bring the pistol towards you like you are going to plant your elbow into the right side of your chest, almost having the pistol directly in front of your face. This is a little extreme, but the best way I can explain and can be modified.
    As the pistol is coming back, that spare mag should be coming up to meet the mag well at the same time, sliding it in.
    this way, your hand is there, it goes back to grip and you press out back to the target getting your sight alignment.

There have to be at least a million videos out there.
    Tidy yourself up when working these skills. No gloves, tuck your shirt in, and leave off all the headgear. You can't have all that getting in the way trying to build skills. Try to be as seamless as possible. I think it's impeding you.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster229 I took your recommendations and this is the outcome. My only issue is shooting without gloves sucks. It's like I cannot get any traction on the grip which affects my accuracy.

https://youtu.be/Q6j5oVEu5Zc

Gloves aren't normal. The more you rely on some grippy material, the less you use your own hands and skin. You lose tactile feeling.
    Professional competition shooters don't wear gloves, operators who are getting down and dirty wear them to protect their hands, and not for accuracy.

Not sure why your mags aren't dropping freely. I think your glove is messing with you hitting the mag release, not pressing it all the way in and thus making you start shaking.

Where in MD are you? I'd come out and shoot with you a little.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    tbh I vote for no gloves too. if you are used to shooting one way then change there is an adjustment process. At least a few boxes of ammo. Dry fire practice helps a lot too.

If the grip still bothers you buy some grip tape. There are eleventy billion makers of skateboard and gun grip tape.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I thought your shooting was pretty solid but I was wondering why you're going for head shots versus center mass?
    Either way, I won't be breaking into your house anytime soon. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom