• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ...and let's not forget the tittle of this thread ^^^

That said, there are volumes written on this forum about home builds with problems, and although anyone can slap together an AR 15, it is wholly another thing when that build doesn't work properly and can become downright dangerous to the operator. That's where a good, thorough armorer's class comes into value. I have taken many, as well a assisted in even more of them. There wasn't a day spent in class where I didn't learn something new.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    While I would love to take an armorers class, I am not seeing any within driving distance of central MD,, that is not booked 2+ years out.

And when looking at potential classes, how do you determine that they are any better than "You tube Classes" ?

...and let's not forget the tittle of this thread ^^^

That said, there are volumes written on this forum about home builds with problems, and although anyone can slap together an AR 15, it is wholly another thing when that build doesn't work properly and can become downright dangerous to the operator. That's where a good, thorough armorer's class comes into value. I have taken many, as well a assisted in even more of them. There wasn't a day spent in class where I didn't learn something new.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    While I would love to take an armorers class, I am not seeing any within driving distance of central MD,, that is not booked 2+ years out.

And when looking at potential classes, how do you determine that they are any better than "You tube Classes" ?

Keep an eye on the Armorer's Class schedule for Sons of Liberty Gunworks. They often do classes in PA and Virginia.

Mike Mihalski is a friend so my opinion may seem biased, but it's a great class from a no B.S. Instructor.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Keep an eye on the Armorer's Class schedule for Sons of Liberty Gunworks. They often do classes in PA and Virginia.

Mike Mihalski is a friend so my opinion may seem biased, but it's a great class from a no B.S. Instructor.

Thanks again Chad. Good to see you on the forum again!!
    I also recommend SOTAR classes. Join the waiting list and if he has a spot he will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom