• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    So I was in the mood for some Latin Pupusis. They make them the best at Megamart (extra creamy). Upon entering the Megamart on Parklawn Drive I noticed a security guard dressed as police with a badge and a gun at the entrance. I starting chatting with him a bit and asked him what type of gun he carries. He told me in very broken English a Pistola Foughtay! This peaked my curiosity so I asked him what manufacturer / type of gun. He tried to tell me but wasn't able to articulate clearly the manufacturer. I then asked him if he had a Maryland carry permit. He told me half in English and Half in Spanish he didn't have or need one because the security company that he works for gives him permission or some other license to carry. I asked him what gunshop he bought the gun at and he couldn't tell me. Was a very strange conversation... I chalked it up to well maybe he can open carry dressed like that because it's private property?? Anyway I went in and met with the nice lady who makes me my pupusis and proceeded to enjoy it thoroughly.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Pupusis.

In case anyone was as lost as I …

Attachments

• F48E1493-BC18-4731-A625-C22813412FD9.jpeg
      F48E1493-BC18-4731-A625-C22813412FD9.jpeg
      24.7 KB · Views: 876

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Special Police Officers in Maryland can work armed and have arrest/police powers at a specific location.

They are only Proprietary employees, not contract security officers (or it used to be this way, 2006 was the last time I was up on the regs) Their licenses used to be for One (1) location. If I worked for a property management company&they had 5 properties, i would have 5 cards, each with the address of the individual properties.

Must be some good pupusas if they have someone riding shotgun on them

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sounds like you freaked him out. Did you ask if you could touch it?

Slow your roll. I let other guys offer to let me touch their gun. I don’t proposition them for it. Which I guess is better than just grabbing them by the holster. Consent and all that.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    It is two different things. With the security company you get your guard card and with your CCW course add official sponsorship of the company and then can carry on those jobs and some wiggle room with to and from those jobs.

I know people who do both just to make sure they have the most coverage. Again this is what I've been told friends who do it, so they could be wrong.

What is funny with the people doing it through the businesses is that they often don't have proper retention holsters for the open carry. This is a terrible idea. The dude who stands outside bank of American in arbutus has a 38 in a leather holster that one dude just grabbed as a joke. Still walks around with it in that, didn't learn.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    One of the very few things I miss about living in Silver Spring was the widespread availability of papusas.

So good.

I chuckled at a few of these posts, though HAH!.

In seriousness, though, could that have been Gecko45 in the wild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom