• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    I'm looking for a Sub-2000 (so nothing banned) and am thinking about buying out of state where there's actual inventory. I know long guns are fine to buy out of state if the gun is legal in both, but I've also heard that some stores aren't willing to do it.

So, I'd like to ask the community which out-of-state stores you've gone to which have been fine selling to us Maryland folks? More than happy to drive and get a day trip out of it to avoid the $100 or so in shipping/FFA fees.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I've also heard that some stores aren't willing to do it.

mostly it's: "buy it from us because transfers are a money losing pain in the ass." A lot of stores simply discourage transfers period.

Check around locally. I have seen them in the wild. They seem to sell quick. but they can be ordered. for example I would check 2A in Jessup and United Gun, I have seen them walk out the door there.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    mostly it's: "buy it from us because transfers are a money losing pain in the ass." A lot of stores simply discourage transfers period.

Check around locally. I have seen them in the wild. They seem to sell quick. but they can be ordered. for example I would check 2A in Jessup and United Gun, I have seen them walk out the door there.

I meant to say that some out of state stores don't want to sell legal long guns to MD residents because our state is notorious. Sorry, just wanted to clarify.

And about inventory going quick, I can't compete with the folks who live a lot closer or have more time than me. :D That's why I wanted to look at places out of state who may have less people with quick purchasing trigger fingers.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I meant to say that some out of state stores don't want to sell legal long guns to MD residents because our state is notorious. Sorry, just wanted to clarify.

And about inventory going quick, I can't compete with the folks who live a lot closer or have more time than me. :D That's why I wanted to look at places out of state who may have less people with quick purchasing trigger fingers.

Gun shops have a way to order online so you don't have to waste a trip. I just checked United Gun for example and you can order one.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They are regularly at gun shows ( albeit often at high prices ) .

If you're going to take a day trip across the 301 Bridge , in sequence : Big Dog to DK Firearms ( IP) in Bowling Green , to Green Top . All of them are fluent in Maryland , and welcome Maryland customers .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The Sub 2k I had was fun for like 200 rounds, then I got rid of it.
    Stock sights are terrible. There is no cheek weld. You can mount a red dot with a 1 inch riser(which you need to actually sight the thing), but then you can't fold it. Then you can buy a flippable red dot mount from Midwest or M Carbo for like 100 to 160 some bucks, then you can fold it.
    I envisioned this being my "truck or backpack gun".
    The juice of that dream just wasn't worth all the squeeze.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Sub 2000 is your Huckleberry , IF folding is your #1 priority . If that's your thought out decision , you takes your choices , and your inherent tradeoffs .

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Gun show this weekend in Fredericksburg. They normally have KT 2k’s and most dealers will sell those to MD’ers. Not so with AR’s usually. :(

Inflation has hit the gunshows too. Used to be $10 to get in, now I see it’s $13 at the door. $9 if you buy online.

I'm looking for a Sub-2000 (so nothing banned) and am thinking about buying out of state where there's actual inventory. I know long guns are fine to buy out of state if the gun is legal in both, but I've also heard that some stores aren't willing to do it.

So, I'd like to ask the community which out-of-state stores you've gone to which have been fine selling to us Maryland folks? More than happy to drive and get a day trip out of it to avoid the $100 or so in shipping/FFA fees.
    Try The machine gun nest in Frederick...

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I bought my sub2k at Greentop which is near Kings Dominion in VA, no problems from them but Bass Pro nearby won’t even sell a shotgun to a MD resident

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Vienna Armory is OK with MD buyer, as long as it's legal here.

I thought about getting a CZ Scorpion carbine from VA seller just last week, and VA said no issue.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have a s2k with a red dot on a 45 degree mount, folds just fine and works to a 100 yards with no issue.

Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    Have shot the KelTec, but much prefer the Ruger PC Carbine. Is that legal in MD? If so, the Ruger is the one to buy. It's not a folder, but it is a take-down that is VERY fast to take down and put back together. It costs about $100 or so more than the KelTec. But is well worth the difference in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom