Springfield Armory reintroducing JMB's Hi-Power?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    If it's made in the US, I will probably buy one. If they're importing Turkish made guns like some are suggesting, no thanks.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I already have two. If they would add a beavertail and remove the mag disconnect, I would be good for another.

A compact would be nice as well. If they make it in Turkey it should be $550. Not the $800 or more they are going to want

Last edited:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Springfield makes almost nothing so I would be amazed if they have tooled up, and hired qualified people, in the last year or 2 to actually make a Hi-Power (or anything).

I'm still mad about them buying the rights to the HS-2000 (XD now) and almost doubling the price on it. They could have really undercut Glock back when and kept the cost of plastic pistols down but instead they went to just a few $$ of Glock by doing nothing more than putting their stamp on it.

I would bet they import one we have already seen and just crank the price up again.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I'll have one as soon as it's added to the roster.
    That looks like a damn nice pistol.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was prepared to open this thread and see either imported junk or a $1300 bbq gun to sell to old guys in Corvettes. I begrudgingly admit that it's a nice looking gun at a reasonable price.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I had a Browning Hi-Power years ago and foolishly traded away and have regretted it ever since , Seeing them for sale at the price of a Kidney has put me off buying a replacement .
    But now I'll get a Springfield , I'm not a "Brand Name " impressed guy I'm a fan of the design . So I'll take a trip to my LGS drop some bucks on deposit and wait for the call and order 6 extra mags too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom