• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    To all the Staccato owners or would like to be owners, do you prefer the steel frame or aluminum frame models, more particularly the steel or aluminum framed Staccato P. They say the aluminum model is 5oz lighter yet just as strong and reliable as the steel frame, same coating, everything. Are there any valid reasons to pick one over the other, besides the weight difference or and personal preferences? I would like to put them side by side for a true comparison but that's expensive.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    I have the steel frame P. I don’t think they made aluminum framed P’s when I got mine. Even then I’d probably get a steel frame. I’m not trying to carry it, and weight isn’t an issue for regular shooting for me.

Attachments

• 1378A820-DF30-4221-B5CA-C8647EB983AD.jpg
      1378A820-DF30-4221-B5CA-C8647EB983AD.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 556

FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    I have the steel frame P. I don’t think they made aluminum framed P’s when I got mine. Even then I’d probably get a steel frame. I’m not trying to carry it, and weight isn’t an issue for regular shooting for me.

My main intentions would be competition then occasionally used a really nice casual target shooter. Although dependable, it’s not something I really picture trying to carry concealed.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the prior model was the sti tactical. i have one each in aluminum and steel. at the time sti said to def get the steel for competition as the aluminum would wear quicker.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    I love my steel 2021 P DPO.. Yeah, it’s heavier than a G19 but it shoots super flat and still carries well between my safariland ALS for work and Tenicor malus sol. I have roughly 2- 2.5k through mine and think the 5oz weight savings would be negligible between performance and carry of the aluminum option.

FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    I love my steel 2021 P DPO.. Yeah, it’s heavier than a G19 but it shoots super flat and still carries well between my safariland ALS for work and Tenicor malus sol. I have roughly 2- 2.5k through mine and think the 5oz weight savings would be negligible between performance and carry of the aluminum option.

Especially if you include all the added weight of a fully loaded magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom