• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Went out this morning at AGC shooting my newly acquired Glock 29. Brought along my first Glock, G26 that I bought 10 years ago. Used S&B 180gr FMJ rounds, while it does have some recoil not bad to shoot at all nor as punishing as I’ve heard over time about the recoil of the 10mm in a small package.

Attachments

• BB53D08A-E6E8-491A-960A-FC477C4BB149.jpg
      BB53D08A-E6E8-491A-960A-FC477C4BB149.jpg
      131.4 KB · Views: 670

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    10MM is the one caliber i would buy , always been curious about them . After i get my home re-done maybe i will partake in buying . How easy is ammo to get to feed them

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    10MM is the one caliber i would buy , always been curious about them . After i get my home re-done maybe i will partake in buying . How easy is ammo to get to feed them

About $30/50 of the FMJ’s was what I got online a couple of weeks ago, didn’t see much on the shelf in Bass Pro other than JHP’s which I grabbed at $30/20 just to have a few boxes. Not terrible in todays market. Won’t be a volume shooter but definitely a fun option.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Nice! I've been wondering how recoil would be out of the G29. It's pretty mild relatively speaking in the G20.

I’ve been shooting more of my CCW guns lately than anything else. I’d compare the G29 recoil to my P365 or even LCP with hot loads, snappy but not painful.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Nice! I've been wondering how recoil would be out of the G29. It's pretty mild relatively speaking in the G20.

Spent awhile fondling a G20 side by side- couldn’t see a time when I would realistically carry it. Could see a time where a G20 mag would be a backup carry option in the G29 though. Not much out there that matches that in size and weight vs energy comparisons.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have a M29 as well though haven't fired it yet. I also have several Delta Elites...awesome pistols and the 10mm is an awesome round. There's no reason to suspect it's not awesome in a M29 as well. The 10mm is the only caliber I've used that challenges the .45ACP as my favorite.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Tanfoglio full size in 10mm, 6" barrel, one of the new rdo ready models.

Probably next year.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Mark392001 good choice the Glock you purchased. Longtime 10mm shooter here. Been shooting the 10mm since the early 90's. My favorite heavy duty semi auto caliber. Carry it with me when I'm in bear country like last week when I was muzzleloader hunting up in the mountains. If anybody on here wants to unload their once fired 10mm brass I'd be interested in it. I handload the 10mm. I also shoot at AGC.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    10mm has a huge range of power. Lighter 180gr is really comfortable to shoot, but hot 600+ FPE Underwood stuff can be kinda brutal. Favorite load is a 135gr XTP over 11gr of Power pistol, 1600+FPS and a big old fireball

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have a G20 that I converted into a G21L to use with 460Rowland, but also got a 10mm barrel to go with the long slide.
    Looking at the BRNO PSD come tax time (if it ever gets approved).

Run some DoubleTap or Underwood rounds through that and you will smile.

Every time I went to Nation's in Dulles, I stopped and grabbed a couple bags of these. At 1200fps for a 180gr JHP, they surely are no slouch.
    https://www.georgia-arms.com/new-10mm-180gr-speer-bonded-unicore-hollow-point-p/

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Went out this morning at AGC shooting my newly acquired Glock 29. Brought along my first Glock, G26 that I bought 10 years ago. Used S&B 180gr FMJ rounds, while it does have some recoil not bad to shoot at all nor as punishing as I’ve heard over time about the recoil of the 10mm in a small package.

Congrats on the new gun.
    I pay little attention to others regarding recoil because it's Perceived Recoil as in it's perceived by individuals differently

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    unfortunately, a lot of factory 10mm is downloaded to (or sometimes under) .40SW power. Liability lawsuits are a thing.

http://gundata.org/blog/post/10mm-vs-40-summary-and-ballistics/

400lbft vs 424lbft

Compared with something like Underwood's 155gr loads which offer 775lbft @ 1400 fps, it is easy to see the difference.

I was looking for a 10MM a few years back, looked at a Ruger GP100 wiley clapp, and an EAA witness compact steel. A LEO buddy also had told me some of the 10MM shells had less power than a 40 cal. which surprised me. I shot his Kahr CM40 and his K40 in all black SST. I ended up buying one of each at the friends and family price. I chose Khar because they are some of the most reliable guns made. Many of my LEO buds have them as their back ups more than any other type of pistol. One of the guys carry's a Khar CM45 whish has a lot less kick than a K40.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I have a G20 upper with 22lb spring sitting on my G21. Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game is one awesome round. Never fired any Underwood, always been a BB fan.

I also have a 460 Roland, for the G21.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I have a G20 upper with 22lb spring sitting on my G21. Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game is one awesome round. Never fired any Underwood, always been a BB fan.

I also have a 460 Roland, for the G21.

Underwood is similar to BB, which I have little experience with. Still, they are the two that come to mind when I think "full power" 10mm loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom