• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I don't do Range toys all my guns are able to carry so I'm a huge fan of the model 19 so I have 4 of them and a 17 and 43 for times when I have to have something smaller, The 17 is a permanent truck gun.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    If you are going MOS I would think the difference between the 34 and 17 or 19 would be negligible. The longer sight radius doesn’t factor in as much. Pick what feels best in hand.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    17L if you want to go nuts

Erwos I believe was selling some 34 in Classifieds.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I have a G17 Gen 4 and it's the only Glock I've ever shot. It's an ugly little bastid but it's accurate and just plain works. I put fiber optic (green) sights on it from TruGlo and had Engage replace the trigger with something, I forget what it was.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I have a 34MOS. It is nice but honestly if I could have a do over, I’d have gotten a 19x and had the slide milled for an RMR footprint or one of the aftermarket optics plate solutions like agency arms AOS. The longer slide of the 34 is really not helpful when you are using a red dot for your primary optic, and the optics mounting plate system glock went with is pretty flawed. I guess if you want more velocity then the extra barrel length is good, but the 19x is far and away the better balanced firearm.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    I don't do Range toys all my guns are able to carry so I'm a huge fan of the model 19 so I have 4 of them and a 17 and 43 for times when I have to have something smaller, The 17 is a permanent truck gun.

I wish MD was a free Country and a truck gun was an option. Agree with your thoughts.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The 19 is a perfect carry gun. The 17 is an excellent range gun.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 6358D743-4DFF-40D7-8CEA-EF0A0C53488C.jpg
      6358D743-4DFF-40D7-8CEA-EF0A0C53488C.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 270

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I have to agree w/FBI Surveillance van guy. The 19X w/MOS is gonna be the winner here for overall balance.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    17L if you want to go nuts
    Erwos I believe was selling some 34 in Classifieds.
    All gone now. One of them sold on benos in like... ten minutes after I posted it. The other went to a co-worker in VA (via FFL!). Living that P320 life now, which I highly recommend, because you no longer have to make choices... you don't like your grip, you just buy a new one. You don't like your slide length, you get a shorter one.

For just screwing around, the difference between a 34, 45, and 17 doesn't matter much, especially if you're mounting optics. If you have delusions of ever running irons, I guess that makes the 34 a better choice. The weight differences between these models are pretty negligible.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I don't have as many as AmmoJon, so you should probably listen to him. Of the ones I have, I always come back to the G19X. The 19X is by far the best of the lot. Fits great in the hand, great sights, my best shooter. That said, I also have a Sig365 which is making me seriously consider a 320.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom