• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    U.S. Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and U.S. Reps. Madeleine Dean (D-Pa.), and Jennifer Wexton, (D-Va.) introduced The Gun Violence Prevention Through Financial Intelligence Act, H.R. 5764, in the U.S. House of Representatives and in the U.S. Senate as S. 3117.

Buying too many guns? Too much ammunition? The government would like to make banks provide information on your purchases. The law will be written to allow the Treasury Department flexibility to determine just what level of information must be shared with the Feds.

Link: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/nssfgun-control-politicians-want-banks-to-snoop-on-gun-buyers/

Maybe it won't pass. But don't think it isn't already happening.

Judicial Watch is suing the FBI to determine how much information the Feebs have sought from BoA, Citibank, Chase Manhattan, Discover and/or AMerican Express regarding transaction data on account holders who made purchases in DC, MD and VA on Jan 5 & 6, 2021. You know, in case they were insurrectionists. They're interested in hotel/airbnb, airline related ourchases and any weapons-related purchases between their incoming stay and Inauguration Day.

The FBI hasn't provided any information, but neither confirms nor denies the existence of such documentation.

In a surveillance society, cash is king. Watch for moves to eliminate any unverifiable transactions. This will also help raise taxes for our new multi-trillion dollar "Infrastructure" bill, which I've heard is actually free.

Unlike you and I.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Nothing that this Administration tries to do, or fails horrible to do right, surprises me.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    U.S. Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and U.S. Reps. Madeleine Dean (D-Pa.), and Jennifer Wexton, (D-Va.) introduced The Gun Violence Prevention Through Financial Intelligence Act, H.R. 5764, in the U.S. House of Representatives and in the U.S. Senate as S. 3117.

Buying too many guns? Too much ammunition? The government would like to make banks provide information on your purchases. The law will be written to allow the Treasury Department flexibility to determine just what level of information must be shared with the Feds.

Link: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/nssfgun-control-politicians-want-banks-to-snoop-on-gun-buyers/

Maybe it won't pass. But don't think it isn't already happening.

Judicial Watch is suing the FBI to determine how much information the Feebs have sought from BoA, Citibank, Chase Manhattan, Discover and/or AMerican Express regarding transaction data on account holders who made purchases in DC, MD and VA on Jan 5 & 6, 2021. You know, in case they were insurrectionists. They're interested in hotel/airbnb, airline related ourchases and any weapons-related purchases between their incoming stay and Inauguration Day.

The FBI hasn't provided any information, but neither confirms nor denies the existence of such documentation.

In a surveillance society, cash is king. Watch for moves to eliminate any unverifiable transactions. This will also help raise taxes for our new multi-trillion dollar "Infrastructure" bill, which I've heard is actually free.

Unlike you and I.

I’m so disheartened that these types of initiatives and those who propose them aren’t shamed out if existence. The only reason they aren’t is because US banks are now complicit in their bending to the whims of politicians because it’s the most effective method to increase profits.

Want bitcoin to become the defacto currency, just keep making laws that turn US banks into investigative divisions of the FBI/NSA.

Just remember of our government spending problems will be solved once and for all, when the US dollar losses it’s reserve status.

Ssblugsr

Feb 25, 2019
    These laws they come up with are rediculous, it really makes you wonder what’s going on in these politicians heads.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I’m so disheartened that these types of initiatives and those who propose them aren’t shamed out if existence. The only reason they aren’t is because US banks are now complicit in their bending to the whims of politicians because it’s the most effective method to increase profits.

Want bitcoin to become the defacto currency, just keep making laws that turn US banks into investigative divisions of the FBI/NSA.

Just remember of our government spending problems will be solved once and for all, when the US dollar losses it’s reserve status.

Crypto isn't as crypto as you think. They've already tied a lot of tracking tools into wallets (at least the ones that lay-persons will use.)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Crypto isn't as crypto as you think. They've already tied a lot of tracking tools into wallets (at least the ones that lay-persons will use.)

Cash was king when the citizenry no longer trusted the banks. Now that the banks are colluding with a repressive government, expect cash transactions to be challenged and made more difficult.

Will 100 dollar bills go the way of the higher denominated bills? We used to have 500, 1000 and 10,000 dollar bills, but they no longer circulate. They've been withdrawn from circulation, and those that still exist are worth far more than their face value by reason of their rarity.

The only thing that might save the Benjamins is their utility in influencing foreign actors, when delivered by the pallet-load without public scrutiny.

Will Biden pull an FDR and force citizens to turn in their gold?

There seems to be no real brake on the administration's push to restrain and repress the citizenry. They still have three years to have their way with us.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The evil party already wants a cyber dollar so they can not only see want you buy but make you destitute at the touch of a button. Something the ChiComs are already implementing.

This will put the nail in the coffin for the Dollar as a global currency as well as fuq with your individual freedom. Not that President Poopypants and his incompetent helpers aren't already trying to remove the Dollar from it's global status through claims they can do anything about inflation.

Carrying large amounts of cash has it's own problems (assuming it's still viable). Local and Federal police can simply seize it if they find it on you and the onus is on you to prove it isn't the proceeds of a crime.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My wife pulled out money and closed out one of our accounts , and the bank kept asking questions on why . It was a car/motorcycle maintenance account , he ask what are we using the money for . She told him nothing , he finally said he will stop asking questions .
    We all are in trouble when private business (corps) are used as extensions of our government , for our good .

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    My wife pulled out money and closed out one of our accounts , and the bank kept asking questions on why . It was a car/motorcycle maintenance account , he ask what are we using the money for . She told him nothing , he finally said he will stop asking questions .
    We all are in trouble when private business (corps) are used as extensions of our government , for our good .

Credit Unions typically do not ask why? They do not follow the same rules as the banking industry.

Banks are a for-profit business.

Banks’ depositors are called "customers". Customers have no ownership interest in the institution. Banks are owned by investors who may or may not be depositors.

Banks are owned and controlled by stockholders, whose number of votes depend upon number of shares owned. Customers don’t have voting rights, cannot be elected to the board, and have no say in how their bank is operated. Directors are selected by current directors or by large block stock acquisition.

Banks’ board members are paid, and do not necessarily reflect the diversity of their customer base.

Banks are open to the general public.

Banks are for-profit corporations, with declared earnings paid to stockholders only.

Banks focus on commercial loans and accounts and services that generate significant income.

Competition between banks prohibits a sharing of resources.

With credit unions, their decisions are made to benefit credit union members.

That's because a credit union is owned and operated by members. Credit unions are non-profit organizations.

At credit unions, depositors are called members. Each member is an owner of the credit union.

Since credit union members are owners, each member, regardless of how much money they have on deposit, has one vote in electing board members. Members can also run for election to the board.

Credit unions’ boards are comprised of volunteers who reflect the diversity of the membership.

Credit unions are local and are organized to serve the interests of its membership.

Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives, whose earnings are paid back to members in the form of higher savings rates and lower loan rates.

Credit unions focus on consumer loans and member savings, as well as services needed by the membership.

Credit unions cooperate with other credit unions and share resources to bring convenience and savings to its members. CU Service Centers and the CO-OP ATM Network are just two examples of this cooperation between credit unions.

In the entire history of U.S. credit unions, taxpayer funds have never been used to bail out a credit union.

Credit union deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a branch of the federal government, which is backed by the “full faith and credit” of the U.S. government.

Take your money out of your bank and put it into a credit union where the government does not have their hands in your pockets.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

When I pulled 10k from my credit union, (bit better than banks, IMHO), the questions were more of concern that I'd been part of a swindle. I was impressed with their concerns.

I pay my contractors in cash and I don't ask them questions.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    When I pulled 10k from my credit union, (bit better than banks, IMHO), the questions were more of concern that I'd been part of a swindle. I was impressed with their concerns.

I pay my contractors in cash and I don't ask them questions.

The other under handed thing the liberals are trying to do is if you have more than $600.00 in your accounts they want to know why.

Also, liberals want to taxing your savings and checking accounts not just your dividends. This would devastate the banking industry, as people would take their money out. To counter act that, their other wild ass idea is to do away with actual cash and go to digital money.

Supposedly this would save the government billions as they would not need to print hard money. Smoke and mirrors they would need to redesign the entire treasury department to manage digital currency. Do you really think our government can appropriate manage anything? Also, another reason for this is to track drug dealers, and illicit other groups. However, illicit can mean anything as it was not defined.

The governments of the USA, China, Russia is buying up as much precious metals as they can. Nothing new however, except it has become a priority and the amount these countries are buying is mind blowing.

The drug kingpins in south America have been taking over many gold mines by force. They have been diversifying as gold is not traceable and have been using digital currency. This way they launder their cash through gold mines and digital currency.

The only reason we have not switched to digital money is that our government cannot figure out how to do it. They would have to ban citizens form keeping or having gold, and silver. As far as you cash stash you would be made to turn it in or they will make no good and worthless.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

It’s true that most are not anonymous. My main point is that Crypto as a way to exchange value for goods or services is quickly becoming a viable alternative to banks. Those banks take a much larger cut of our transactions that many realize. I’m really just stating that banks too have a lot to loose should they become willing partners in illegal surveillance of citizens. If they do, then I think they will continue to open the door to alternate sources of money transfers.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    It’s true that most are not anonymous. My main point is that Crypto as a way to exchange value for goods or services is quickly becoming a viable alternative to banks. Those banks take a much larger cut of our transactions that many realize. I’m really just stating that banks too have a lot to loose should they become willing partners in illegal surveillance of citizens. If they do, then I think they will continue to open the door to alternate sources of money transfers.

China has banned all crypto money and made it illegal to use or have. Those who violate the ban will be delt with severely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom