• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lisa6821

Apr 1, 2013
    Anyone know anything about Stoney Creek Gun Club in AACO ?

Lisa6821

Apr 1, 2013
    Is it a good-old-boy-club ? I heard a few negative things and I don't want to waste time and money

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    I tried to join them last year. They did not reply to my inquiries. I ended up joining Berwyn Gun Club in Bowie and love it.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    They had a lot of problems and expenses when the county built a golf course and houses all around them. I think that is sorted, but haven't been there in years.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Was a member there many years ago. It was very clique oriented back then. I looked into joining again a few years ago and could not afford it. Base membership isn't all that bad, but there is a range assessment fee for the first 3 or 5 years (see post above about the golf course).

I drive to Littlestown, PA to shoot. Cost is the main factor, supplemented by a future move to the area, if I can work it out.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Lisa6821

Apr 1, 2013
    I heard a rumor that they are in some sort of legal battle with the Golf Course and local community, something about sound and other legal stuff

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I heard a rumor that they are in some sort of legal battle with the Golf Course and local community, something about sound and other legal stuff

Well you heard wrong. They just did a renovation to the shooting booths and sound levels are well below the required limits. Lowest they've ever been. No legal battles with the golf course or community either. Stop spreading that crap.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am a member there in good standing , you must be sponsored from a member in good standing . I like the club as it has safe practices , they do watch you shoot to qualify but that is easy . They just want to see you do safe things , they also show you how to flag and shoot with multiple members .

I don't get there as often as i should or would like but to me i like it . Can be a bit more costly , but i am not bound by cost alone . It is 10 minutes from me

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    I did my fist shooting there and did my first hunter safety class there… must have been around 1983 or so. No idea how it is today but the topic brought back a nice memory

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I dropped my membership there years ago when it seemed the range was closed like every other weekend due to a work party.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Heard they had restrictions for rapid fire

You must get permission to rapid fire , must be qualified to shoot long rifles . Yes there are rules but i think for safety sake it is good .

We shoot also in sound tunnels to reduce noise levels , they have monitors that check noise levels .
    All the improvements are good as it shows gun clubs can be alongside of homes . Now i will say it is dumb to move next to a shooting range and then claim some type of rules or impose your stupidity on the club but that is life .

The club is trying to be good neighbors even if the neighbors are PITA's . I think the club started in the 30's or 40's so it has and must be doing something right .

To me this keeps the club solid and safe IMHO

group shooter

Nov 14, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    I know that neighborhood they pay half the taxes in AA county I bet , played golf on a Tuesday once heard the trap shooting bet the people that live there are not happy about the noise . You said they did range renovations maybe I should check it out think about joining

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I know that neighborhood they pay half the taxes in AA county I bet , played golf on a Tuesday once heard the trap shooting bet the people that live there are not happy about the noise . You said they did range renovations maybe I should check it out think about joining

I really doubt that any of those residents are old enough to have lived there before the range was there.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Gun Club was there when it was all dirt , so they put 1 million dollars home there and people buy homes there and then complain .

People like that disguise me :sad20:

No different than the AGC, BCGF and a whole host of other clubs. The smart ones are surviving, some have not.
    I can hear it now, lets build the range out here in the sticks. It will never come out this far.
    My buddies dad owned most of the land from Seminary and York down past the pepper mill. He sold to for a song in the 60's because it will never come out this far.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    No different than the AGC, BCGF and a whole host of other clubs. The smart ones are surviving, some have not.
    I can hear it now, lets build the range out here in the sticks. It will never come out this far.
    My buddies dad owned most of the land from Seminary and York down past the pepper mill. He sold to for a song in the 60's because it will never come out this far.

I would be happy if they were made to sign documents stating that a gun club was next door or commercial or industrial property was nearby .

Instead of those people complaining after they are there .

group shooter

Nov 14, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    Gun Club was there when it was all dirt , so they put 1 million dollars home there and people buy homes there and then complain .

People like that disguise me :sad20:

That’s what happens community’s build up heard the golf course was there before the houses That’s a nice golf course to play. Why do the people disgust you they might not even know the range is there except for the noise. If the range is run so well how do you join saw on the website you need a sponsor,what if you don’t know anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom