Jan 1, 2019
    Nice,, but wow the price on them,, north of $800

Sig P224

iu

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I have a Ruger LC-9 hammer fired. IIRC the short mag is 7 rounds and the longer one 10. I think it was $300 or so new. Bought it contemplating CCW but it did not fit what I was looking for. I missed out on the Ruger offers to convert to striker. You may be able to find one of these but YMMV. IIRC LOOOONG DAO trigger pull and LOOOONG reset ran contrary to my other carry guns so the LC-9 did not join the heard.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    To Occam’s and Bigfoots’ points. The DA first shot takes getting used to…muscle memory for that important first shot. Maybe if people were more used to shooting DA revolvers the transition would be smoother. I think it takes practice. I would like to EDC my 229 (.357) and I feel i shoot it well. Been thru courses with it, but its bulky and heavy compared to my EDC 43X and 43. Maybe someone will come up with a 20 oz 9mm DA/SA with a decocker.

CZ 2075 BD Rami. (D is the decocker version) Unfortunately, discontinued last year.

It may be a little heavier than 20oz, but its about 1/2" smaller in both length and height than the PCR/P-01, which are slightly smaller than a P229. The weight feels good when shooting and isn't noticeable to me when carrying.

10+1 rounds of 9mm, 14+1 with extended mag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-181157.jpg
      Screenshot_20211121-181157.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 212

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    CZ 2075 BD Rami. (D is the decocker version) Unfortunately, discontinued last year.

It may be a little heavier than 20oz, but its about 1/2" smaller in both length and height than the PCR/P-01, which are slightly smaller than a P229. The weight feels good when shooting and isn't noticeable to me when carrying.

10+1 rounds of 9mm, 14+1 with extended mag.

I was actually optimistically looking for a Rami when I purchased my PCR a few weeks ago. I knew that they had discontinued the model, but was hoping to see one still lingering on the shelves. No luck on that front. Have not been disappointed by the PCR at all. Loving the CZ de-cocker resetting to half cocked position. DA pull is a much lighter on it from it in that position than on my Beretta 92, which is a full de-cocker/safety.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I'll be calling around to see if anyone has a Rambi or PCR as a range rental,, I need to get some range time with one.

I was actually optimistically looking for a Rami when I purchased my PCR a few weeks ago. I knew that they had discontinued the model, but was hoping to see one still lingering on the shelves. No luck on that front. Have not been disappointed by the PCR at all. Loving the CZ de-cocker resetting to half cocked position. DA pull is a much lighter on it from it in that position than on my Beretta 92, which is a full de-cocker/safety.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions.

I forgot to mention, I would want the option to "seamlessly" mount a micro reflex on it, either a factory cut slide or a slide that can be cut.
    With my aging eyes, I mounted a Shield SMSC on the Hellcat, it is perfect factory fit with no plates and "twin Towers" iron sights needed.

I also have come to the conclusion I will most likely be spending north of $500 on just the pistol.
    I like the idea of the NO manual safety, but do want/need a "de-cocker",, Most offer a combo safty/de-cocker lever,, that would work, but would prefer just the de-cocker.

The search is on :)
    The HK 30SK is available in that configuration,, but my reading shows the slide can not be cut for low profile optic mounting.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis

Alas, I looked for a RAMI (D?) as a solution to my wanting a decocker smaller than my 226/220, maybe 5 years ago. I hadn’t even handled one but liked the idea and what i read. But did not find one locally (i only buy local) new or used and stayed with the usual suspects in this order…27/42/33/shield 9 and 45, 43 and now 43x/43. Rarely, i carry the 229 (i think the 229 is an incredibly good pistol)and 99.5% of the time i go for light and think, almost always 9mm. I suppose that even if capable of being made of polymers, the DA/SA/Decocker mechanisim will add bulk.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Alas, I looked for a RAMI (D?) as a solution to my wanting a decocker smaller than my 226/220, maybe 5 years ago. I hadn’t even handled one but liked the idea and what i read. But did not find one locally (i only buy local) new or used and stayed with the usual suspects in this order…27/42/33/shield 9 and 45, 43 and now 43x/43. Rarely, i carry the 229 (i think the 229 is an incredibly good pistol)and 99.5% of the time i go for light and think, almost always 9mm. I suppose that even if capable of being made of polymers, the DA/SA/Decocker mechanisim will add bulk.

The Rami 2075 BD did have a de-cocker. You're right, a de-cocker or a safety will add to the lateral dimensions relative to a gun without.

Am still keeping an eye out for one, but kind of regretting missing the window on one of these.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    going deeper down this rabbit hole:

Can anyone tell me about the Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II 9mm Compact or sub compact ?

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I am zeroing in on the Sig 229 or CZ P-01,,
    I may PM after the holidays and want to gift you a few boxes of 9mm in exchange for a range meeting?

I have a 229, PCR and P01. On paper the 229 is not much bigger, but in reality the CZs are much easier to conceal. I love the 229, but for carry it is just a bit more 'bloated' in every direction.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I am zeroing in on the Sig 229 or CZ P-01,,
    I may PM after the holidays and want to gift you a few boxes of 9mm in exchange for a range meeting?

My P229 is an older style, before the E2 grips came out, so the grip is a bit chunkier and less ergonomic than one you might buy today; assuming you are buying new. Also, it is a .40, so if you are buying a new 9mm it will feel bit different shooting it for that reason too.

If you find a range that rents a 9mm P229 we might be able to meet there and do a comparison.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Thanks,
    It will be January,, wife has me booked till then. :(

My P229 is an older style, before the E2 grips came out, so the grip is a bit chunkier and less ergonomic than one you might buy today; assuming you are buying new. Also, it is a .40, so if you are buying a new 9mm it will feel bit different shooting it for that reason too.

If you find a range that rents a 9mm P229 we might be able to meet there and do a comparison.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I have a 229, PCR and P01. On paper the 229 is not much bigger, but in reality the CZs are much easier to conceal. I love the 229, but for carry it is just a bit more 'bloated' in every direction.

You couldn't be more right. This P229 Elite has a stainless frame and slide. It weighs a ton, and is fat. It would be like carrying a brick, but it is the softest shooting 9mm I have ever experienced.

Attachments

• 20190904_194510.jpg
      20190904_194510.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 178

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    If you are looking for carry, I would recommend the sig P239. 8+1, feels great in the hand. When I started AIWB carry, it was my go to. I’ve moved on to my P365, but occasionally will take it back out if the safe for walking and such.

coltguy

Dec 6, 2017
    10+ no, exposed hammer yes. Kimber Micro 9 or Sig P938. If you need 10 rounds you may want to spend more time at the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom