• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I just bought a 92X (still in msp jail). The slide is machined for a reflex sight and I would like to install one. My challenge is I know nothing about reflex sights and what will fit.

Are direct mount reflex sights standardized across industry? As in Burris, Vortex, SIG, etc directly interchange as to mounting.

Thanks

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I just bought a 92X (still in msp jail). The slide is machined for a reflex sight and I would like to install one. My challenge is I know nothing about reflex sights and what will fit.

Are direct mount reflex sights standardized across industry? As in Burris, Vortex, SIG, etc directly interchange as to mounting.

Thanks

Nope. There are a couple standards.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

Here is a decent comparison. I have used Vortex, Holosun, and RMR, (Dont own any holosun) and I like them all, its a personal preference.

If you know what footprint you have, then I believe it is just a matter of getting the right adapter plate, not sure, I am spoiled, my FN pistols all came with mounting plated for just about every optic out there. (Except RMSC Shield, but I scooped one from Apex to give me the option, and never found a shield with glass window that I wanted)

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nope. There are a couple standards.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

Here is a decent comparison. I have used Vortex, Holosun, and RMR, (Dont own any holosun) and I like them all, its a personal preference.

If you know what footprint you have, then I believe it is just a matter of getting the right adapter plate, not sure, I am spoiled, my FN pistols all came with mounting plated for just about every optic out there. (Except RMSC Shield, but I scooped one from Apex to give me the option, and never found a shield with glass window that I wanted)

Thank you. This helps a lot.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Following.

About to take this plunge. I've resisted it for a while, but I can see it is the wave of the future. No way around it. Gotta do it sooner or later.

Was looking at the PDP as a host, but was thinking about a M9A4 just for fun, because I don't have a Beretta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom