• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    No such Law .

Left field hypothetical , Mosby could have made a double secret internal policy to Nol Pros any charge under 4-203 that did not involve other crimes . But extremely doubtful , and we would have heard about it .

Lol, yeah only if you’re already a felon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Lol, yeah only if you’re already a felon

Take a look at the case search, and you'll find you aren;t far off. The bulk of people prosecuted for gun crimes, are the average joes who had only that charge. If there is any other charge involved, the gun charge is often dropped.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Johnny5k said is pretty close to what actually happens , check things out on case search .

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    What Johnny5k said is pretty close to what actually happens , check things out on case search .

I do sometimes talk out my ass, but I very rarely write out my ass. I am often mistaken, as a flawed and fallen man...

But yeah, I have checked through a lot of case search looking at this very phenomena.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No doubt . I was mainly encouraging the rest of the group to do likewise for themselves .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Take a look at the case search, and you'll find you aren;t far off. The bulk of people prosecuted for gun crimes, are the average joes who had only that charge. If there is any other charge involved, the gun charge is often dropped.

Yeah I’m aware how much they just drop those charges, it’s ridiculous

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    yes!

When I got my hair cut the barber said they won't stop you if you're using a holster

I have a friend who open carries in the city pretty regularly, but he has a permit.

He's never been stopped or questioned, even in the few times where police were near him (in check out at a 711, for example).

It even surprised him that in several years he has yet to get a single comment or question from law enforcement about it.

:shrug:

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I have a friend who open carries in the city pretty regularly, but he has a permit.

He's never been stopped or questioned, even in the few times where police were near him (in check out at a 711, for example).

It even surprised him that in several years he has yet to get a single comment or question from law enforcement about it.

I feel like I would be worried about weapon retention OC like that. What holster does your friend use?

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    The barber is probably referring to some changes that effect businesses owners carrying at their business. This has nothing to do with general wear and carry.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I feel like I would be worried about weapon retention OC like that. What holster does your friend use?

I believe it's a Galco but I am not sure. Based on what I've seen, retention isn't an issue for him. It's pretty flush with his body and it's a P365 anyway, he just doesn't pay much mind to it being concealed under a shirt most of the time.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Open carry isn't as big an issue in Maryland as people think it is.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I believe it's a Galco but I am not sure. Based on what I've seen, retention isn't an issue for him. It's pretty flush with his body and it's a P365 anyway, he just doesn't pay much mind to it being concealed under a shirt most of the time.

Gotcha, so it's worn owb close to the body so kinda in-between. Sounds more comfortsble then concealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom