• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This is a huge, huge issue right NOW. I't may very well be one of the next issues to heard at Supreme Court.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/0...wner-records-amid-second-amendment-crackdown/

According to the documents obtained by the Free Beacon, Biden’s ATF collected 54.7 million out-of-business paper records and 887,000 electronic records detailing gun transactions and other private firearm information in the 2021 fiscal year alone. These records are reportedly kept in a federal warehouse managed by the ATF in West Virginia.

If a national database is created, thousands of gun owners could be sought out by the administration to “register or destroy” any firearms or related equipment that the Democrat administration seeks to restrict or even ban.

https://www.stridentconservative.co...eparations-to-create-a-national-gun-registry/

“Nothing I’m about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment,” Biden said back in April. “They’re phony arguments suggesting these are Second Amendment rights at stake with what we’re talking about. But no amendment, no amendment to the Constitution is absolute.”

“So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we’re recommending are contrary to the Constitution,” he added.

Trumpist Republicans have been leveraging Biden’s anti-Second Amendment agenda ahead of the upcoming midterms for political gain, but we need to remember that they weren’t all that committed to protecting our gun rights when Trump was in office.

During his tenure, Trump was actively pro-gun-control and anti-Second Amendment. For example: he openly embraced Nancy Pelosi’s gun-control agenda, pushed for enhanced background checks, and proposed expanding red flag laws on a national level — three priorities important to not only Joe Biden, but also to the Trumpists in the Republican Party.

Which likely means Joe Biden and the ATF will have no problem creating a national gun registry.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The more they tighten their grip, the more 80 percents will slip through their fingers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This. It's been the law, IIRC, since GCA '68 was passed. Not sure why it's "news" all of a sudden.

Fearmongering.

The issue is the ATF isn’t allowed to create a digital repository of those records. So they spend millions sitting them in shipping containers on the property.

To me on the one hand, I don’t want them keeping those records. On the other, if they are going to anyway, they should be allowed to digitize them and then Destroy the originals. It would save tens of millions of tax payer dollars.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Fearmongering.

The issue is the ATF isn’t allowed to create a digital repository of those records. So they spend millions sitting them in shipping containers on the property.

To me on the one hand, I don’t want them keeping those records. On the other, if they are going to anyway, they should be allowed to digitize them and then Destroy the originals. It would save tens of millions of tax payer dollars.

No, my man.

FOPA 1986 prohibits the ATF or other federal agency from creating a database of any kind. The Tiahart Amendment is your friend.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    C'mon man, Biden said it wouldn't infringe on our.......you know.......the thing. They're probably just keeping track in case there is a manufacturers recall. Nothing nefarious. They would NEEEEEEEEVER try to take our firearms. Until they did.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The law is our friend until those who enforce it choose to ignore it.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I don't worry at all. I don't own any guns, none at all. I'm just storing some ammo and reloading supplies in the garage for a friend. No guns here, ATF.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    What I don't ever get, is the records are supposedly in west Virginia, a deeply red state. What's stopping a militia from seizing the building and burning the records (not that I condone such behavior...)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What I don't ever get, is the records are supposedly in west Virginia, a deeply red state. What's stopping a militia from seizing the building and burning the records (not that I condone such behavior...)

The threat of civil war maybe?

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County

There's an FBI information storage complex off I-79 near Clarksburg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Probably 20 years to life in prison and the possibility of being shot by federal agents.

What is stopping a group of guys from just waltzing in and emptying a bank? Rule of law and that most people would probably want to stop that and the likelihood that the government would end up punishing the behavior in the end.

Or if truly a state militia and not a bunch of 3 percenters, the likelihood that would mean an actual civil war between the state and federal governments that could spiral a lot wider. Most people realize a real civil war would likely result in a minimum of hundreds of thousands of people dead and devastating the economy for years, if not decades. At BEST it might only be tens of thousands of people dead and a devastated economy for a few years. Or it could mean tens of millions of dead and a completely devastated country that never recovers and ends up being the next Russia.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    What is stopping a group of guys from just waltzing in and emptying a bank?
    Non-sequitur. The bank robbery seeks to deprive others of their lawfully owned property. The destruction of AFT records would be in the interest of preventing the unConstitutional seizure of lawfully owned property by an over-reaching Government agency.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Non-sequitur. The bank robbery seeks to deprive others of their lawfully owned property. The destruction of AFT records would be in the interest of preventing the unConstitutional seizure of lawfully owned property by an over-reaching Government agency.

Everybody with money in the bank got it by being racist. So, it isn't really their money. Do I have to explain everything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom