• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Nics should be instant
    Like a week or 2 instant or 30 days+ instant??… ik soon as they get it I’ll be active I’m definitely making a time line on how long it takes to process in case others need to kno

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    I just filed it on Thursday so I’ll see how long it actually takes for it to process an get to trooper I hope I dnt have to do app over again ‍:(

Smashu

Sep 1, 2019
    Like a week or 2 instant or 30 days+ instant??… ik soon as they get it I’ll be active I’m definitely making a time line on how long it takes to process in case others need to kno
    The actual check is instant. Qhen the choose to run it varys.

Smashu

Sep 1, 2019
    CJIS is what u need to worry about when it comes to expungments in Maryland. Like.saud before u gwt letters from alot of diffrent departments but CJIS is where the recorda are keep. Whens its gone from there ita gone for good. The other places should destroy there copys and u gwt a note. At the end of the day the FBI and i think nsa/homeland security will not remove the records. When they check they actualy refrence marylands records (CJIS). It comes back clean they proceed. At least thats what i came to understand.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    CJIS is what u need to worry about when it comes to expungments in Maryland. Like.saud before u gwt letters from alot of diffrent departments but CJIS is where the recorda are keep. Whens its gone from there ita gone for good. The other places should destroy there copys and u gwt a note. At the end of the day the FBI and i think nsa/homeland security will not remove the records. When they check they actualy refrence marylands records (CJIS). It comes back clean they proceed. At least thats what i came to understand.
    Hopefully I’ll get a court order and I’ll be able to submit it to trooper

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You understand incorrectly, NICS does NOT access ANY state level database, the states send info to NICS and NICS stores it.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Expungement got denied today anyone know how I can appeal poss not a crime anymore

I am not a lawyer and this isn’t legal advice.

You would want to consult with a lawyer to help you. Was the charge possession or possession with intent to distribute? I believe less then 10 grams of marajuana is a fine now. Any more I believe is still criminal offense.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    I am not a lawyer and this isn’t legal advice.

You would want to consult with a lawyer to help you. Was the charge possession or possession with intent to distribute? I believe less then 10 grams of marajuana is a fine now. Any more I believe is still criminal offense.
    It was 2007 when it happened plea was guilty poss INT/DIST completed probation 09 filed expungement 8/4 this year for something that happened over 10 yrs ago

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    It was 2007 when it happened plea was guilty poss INT/DIST completed probation 09 filed expungement 8/4 this year for something that happened over 10 yrs ago

Conviction with a suspended sentence just probation? I believe that would have carried an up to 5 year sentence. That could be what’s holding you up on the expungement. You will want to talk to a lawyer and see what they can do.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Conviction with a suspended sentence just probation? I believe that would have carried an up to 5 year sentence. That could be what’s holding you up on the expungement. You will want to talk to a lawyer and see what they can do.
    Yea 1 year suspended

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Think I’ll get a court date tho??

Attachments

• 94B4D945-AECD-442C-904C-2B1713C0F560.jpeg
      94B4D945-AECD-442C-904C-2B1713C0F560.jpeg
      269.2 KB · Views: 71
    • DF8C1966-0173-4E81-9189-D9770E92D4EA.jpeg
      DF8C1966-0173-4E81-9189-D9770E92D4EA.jpeg
      304.6 KB · Views: 52

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    I was arrested by a dirty cop an i only accepted the plea because I was told if I completed probation it would not count as conviction an would clear from record guess I was lied to…

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hopefully I’ll get a court order and I’ll be able to submit it to trooper
    Troopers /MSP have absolutely nothing to do with long gun sales, they don’t control any records in the criminal Justice system.

NICS is run by the FBI, not the MSP.

It may take longer for the expungement order to reach the FBI.

The ultimate question- was your friend Convicted of a drug crime, or just arrested? If not convicted of a prohibiting crime, he’s no blocked from making a purchase through the 4473.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom