• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’m near Columbia MD. Looking for a shop that carriers a wide range of OU shotguns or a couple different shops. A buddy told me about a place up in PA that’s a few hours away and I may take that trip. Just seeing if there’s something closer.
    Thanks

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Anglers outside of Annapolis might be worth a shot, they have fair selection of shotguns, but not sure about O/U’s. Clydes in Halethorpe too.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Delmarva sporting clays on the eastern shore always seems to have a lot of shotguns, more than any shop I can recall in MD. Not really interested in OU, so no help there, but maybe give them a call and see what they have?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    If you're looking for higher end guns and want to get fitted, you can call Jack Bart. He doesn't have a shop anymore but works out of his house and van.

I have his number if I can find it or you can email him from his website

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Joel Etchen's is worth the trip, this is probably who your buddy was talking about.

https://www.joeletchenguns.com

I was going to say Shydas up in Lebanon (their consignment rack can turn up some real gems throughout any given year!) but, I forgot about Etchen’s …

Also, OP, I’ve scored some really nice o/u’s off the posted “For Sales” off the bulletin board at PG Skeet & Trap (it’s only a dime (or a quarter?) to call and ask if someone would look and tell you if there’re any o/u’s up for sale (this and post-tax time are perfect times to be looking :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Albright's in Easton used to have a good inventory of O/U's. Haven't been there in a while.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    A friend of mine just took his Silver Pigeon 1 off the board at PG T&S. I think he had it listed there for $1650? Yesterday, he said he has it at friend gun shop on consignment. PM if you would like his number. A few years ago, I found a nice used Caesar Guerini at 2A Sales and Supplies.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I can’t recommend Etchens enough. There are so many different models/configurations of the 680 series Berettas it’s hard for me to keep them straight. And I’ve been shooting Berettas for 30+ years. He will get you in a gun that is appropriate for your use and get it to fit you. Fit is extremely important in shotgunning because the rear site is your eye. If your eye isn’t in the right spot on the stock you won’t be hitting birds. There’s a reason he sells more Beretta shotguns in the country than any other dealer. He also sells Brownings if that’s your thing. I’m a Beretta guy. Him and his father and grandfather have been shooting trap for decades. They know their shotguns.

Good O/U shotguns are expensive. Whatever you do don’t buy anything cheaper than a Browning or a Beretta over and under if you plan to do any amount of shooting with it. If you’re only gonna hunt a couple times a year then you can probably get away with some of the cheaper guns but most of them are junk. I’m sorry if I hurt someone’s feelings but that’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me and we can talk shotguns. Do you have an idea of how much you want to spend? What discipline are you interested in? Skeet, Trap, Sporting?

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Definitely make the trip up to Etchens. They carry Beretta, CG, and Browning. They have tons of guns and you can try several back to back. It's incredible how different guns fit you (and some that don't), and you don't realize this if you go to a small shop with only a handful of guns. They'll take the time to make sure your new gun fits you.

We made a family weekend trip of it and stayed in a Airbnb in the area. There's stuff to do up there: skiing this time of year, a historic fort nearby, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater is also nearby.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Definitely make the trip up to Etchens. They carry Beretta, CG, and Browning. They have tons of guns and you can try several back to back. It's incredible how different guns fit you (and some that don't), and you don't realize this if you go to a small shop with only a handful of guns. They'll take the time to make sure your new gun fits you.

We made a family weekend trip of it and stayed in a Airbnb in the area. There's stuff to do up there: skiing this time of year, a historic fort nearby, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater is also nearby.

I tried three different DT-11 sporting clays guns at the Cabela's in Christiana and they all fit differently. The third one fit perfectly. Wish Beretta would put out a DT-11 EELL with game scenes on it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you're looking for higher end guns and want to get fitted, you can call Jack Bart. He doesn't have a shop anymore but works out of his house and van.

I have his number if I can find it or you can email him from his website

Do you anybody who has used him recently? I thought he was retired.

[EDIT] And last time I saw him, he told me he typically went down to Florida this time of year. YMMV.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Do you anybody who has used him recently? I thought he was retired.

[EDIT] And last time I saw him, he told me he typically went down to Florida this time of year. YMMV.

Last time I spoke to him was in September. He's not retired, not sure about him going down to Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom